Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FALLInLoveWithHatfield #REdiscover #simplyhatfield #CollectiveBias
Stove-top directions included!
Hatfield® Chorizo Ground Sausage and Potato Soup
Soup goes hand-in-hand with fall and cooler weather. This Hatfield® Chorizo Ground Sausage and Potato Soup is tasty, bold and easy-to-make in your pressure cooker. It has a rustic appeal and is perfect for a cool fall day. It’s time to dig out your winter coats and say good-bye to flip flops. See the printable recipe below.
Using Hatfield products makes mealtime so much easier because they’re made with simple ingredients that add so much flavor right out of the package! There’s no need to add a lot of seasonings. You can get creative in the kitchen without a lot of effort. Plus, their products are great for any mealtime- breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner or even if you’re just having appetizers-think game day!
You can make dips, fall comfort food and unique back-to-school snacks using Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Sausage. See links to more recipes using Hatfield Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage below.
A Love of Sausage
We love sausage in our house so, I cook with it often. One of my favorites is Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti using Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage. It’s a popular recipe on the blog too.
I like that their products are ethically raised, gluten-free, and easy-to-use. Plus, Hatfield is a family-owned company located just 20 minutes from me in Hatfield, PA. I grew up eating their products which are simply delicious!
I bought my Hatfield Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage at the meat section in Giant Supermarket. They always have a great selection.
I’ve made so many recipes using Hatfield Recipe Essentials. They’re delicious to mix in pasta, rice, breakfast casseroles, and soups. Versatility is a good thing for busy moms and picky eaters.
This soup is great for game day fare as it’s so easy-to-make with little prep but, it’s also a good weeknight meal when you just want to get something quick on the table. Serve it with bread. It’s a filling, complete meat and potatoes meal. Go out to Giant and get your Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage so you can make this tasty soup!
Read about the Best Instant Pot Accessories Kit. It makes a good gift!
- First, in a 6 qt pot on med/high heat, add oil and onions. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Next, add Hatfield Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage broken into small pieces. Brown for 5 minutes and drain.
- Then, add chicken stock, potatoes, thyme, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil and cover. Cook for 15 more minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Next, stir in heavy cream.
- Last, top with shredded cheese when serving in bowls.
You may also like:
Hatfield Chorizo Ground Sausage Loaded Sheet Pan Nachos
Low-carb Hatfield® Sausage & Mushroom Frittata Bites
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
Hatfield® Chorizo Sausage & Potato Soup
- pressure cooker
- 16 oz Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 3 cups red skin baby potatoes, cut in half
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp thyme (dried or fresh)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- First, set pressure cooker to saute function for 12 minutes (includes warming up time.) Add onions and oil after first 3 minutes (warming up time.) Cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add Hatfield® Recipe Essentials Chorizo Ground Sausage broken into small pieces. Brown for 5 minutes (still using saute function.) Drain fat in a colander.
- Then, add remaining ingredients, except cheese, and ensure ingredients are covered with liquid. Also make sure your pressure cooker is not filled past the 2/3 capacity line. Put lid on and turn valve to sealing and set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Next, allow pressure cooker to naturally release for 5 min. When pressure valve falls, carefully open pressure cooker lid. Stir contents.
- Serve bowls of soup topped with shredded Colby/Jack cheese.
Leave a Reply