Hi, I’m Joanne, the recipe-maker, photographer and writer behind No Plate Like Home food blog. I’m also a dedicated Italian mom of two boys and wife to Paul, my German husband who LOVES Italian food and simply adores my cooking. He says it’s how I secured his decision to marry me. LOL!! We live in a Philadelphia suburb near where my immigrant parents settled when they moved to American in the 1960s.
I come from a big Italian family of excellent home cooks! I inherited lots of great recipes along with an inherent cooking talent. Let’s just say it’s in my genes wink, wink. I’m happy to share my passion for Italian-American cooking with you and TEACH you not only how to cook but, how to reconnect with your Italian heritage and continue the traditions of the Italian culture in a way that’s nostalgic and FUN!
Overall, my recipes are easy-to-make with basic ingredients and are mostly from scratch! I’ll show you how you can make delicious family meals and desserts without starting from a box mix.
My recipes are mixed:
- authentic Italian recipes like Meatballs & Tomato Sauce
- Italian-American recipes like my famous Baked Ziti with Ricotta Cheese or Slow Cooker Italian Rosemary Pulled Pork.
- American recipes like my ever so popular Loaded Slow Cooker Chili.
Learning to cook Italian starts with some easy recipes with step-by-step instructions and some fun-to-watch recipe videos. It may feel a little scary at first but, I’ll show you how. It’s really much simpler than you imagine.
You’ll learn to cook like your Italian grandma (nona.) Think about those visions you have of your aunts, mom and grandma in the kitchen cooking for your communion party or making gravy for a typical Sunday dinner. I know I have fond memories of making tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes and canning tomatoes in August.
I want to INSPIRE and teach you how to cook for your family which is one of the reasons I started this blog.
Follow my Facebook page.
About Me -My Story
My first lessons for cooking came from beloved mother, who tragically passed away when I was just 18 yrs old. What made it even worse was that I grew up with no father too. As I mentioned above, my parents were Italian immigrants. My mom was a very independent, strong-minded woman and taught me to be the same. She was an excellent cook. I sure miss her home-cooked meals she made for me with love.
I appreciate the family God gave me and my health now more than anything else. It’s all I’d ever wanted since being a little girl with no siblings.
Italian Food is the Best Cuisine!
I grew up eating from-scratch, gourmet level dishes. From Italian Rum Cake and homemade pasta to Authentic Italian meatballs and gravy(aka tomato sauce) and Homemade Wedding Soup, there was always something great to eat!
The Italian Fried Eggplant below is something my husband and I could eat in one sitting. OMG, it’s that good!
What Kind of Recipes Will You Find Here?
Here’s what’s POPULAR:
What Else Will You Find On No Plate Like Home?
More About No Plate Like Home Recipes
- I believe in good food! It’s cheaper and better than eating out. There’s no plate like home, there’s no plate like home!
- I often cook with extra virgin olive oil and garlic. If you don’t like garlic, you’re probably in the wrong place.. sorry.
- You’ll find my recipes are easy and wholesome meals.
- I rarely use boxed mixes and never use canned soups, etc. It’s not a crime or anything, I just prefer to make my own. I can tell the taste difference between packet taco seasoning and my own.
- I’ll use a Pillsbury crust for pies and quiche. It’s faster and makes less of a mess.
- Cooking mostly from scratch not only tastes better and is higher quality but, it is better for your family. It’s not difficult to learn with practice and great recipes. I don’t go as far to churn my own butter, milk my own cows but, I will make homemade bread from time to time.
- In this blog, you will find easy and delicious, from scratch meals, one pot and 30 min meals, yummy desserts, easy appetizers and tasty cocktails. Some of my recipes are authentic Italian and Italian inspired recipes.
I share my creations to help other busy moms provide homemade, great tasting, healthier meals to their families. It makes me warm inside to know that.
I’m helping moms to prepare great-tasting meals for their families. When our boys are grown and gone, I want them coming back for big, fun family dinners and mom’s good home cooking…plus my hugs and kisses. It about cooking with love!
How Do You Subscribe to No Plate Like Home?
Sign up for the No Plate Like Home newsletter! It’s FREE! Subscribing to the newsletter means you’ll receive, via email, recipes, offers, freebies, tips and useful information to help you feed your family as a busy mom.
Follow on Social Media
Pinterest, where you’ll find 60k+ pins in recipes, Money, DIY, home decor, parenting, fashion, travel and much more.
Facebook where I share our content along with other great content and recipe videos and more photos.
Instagram where you’ll find more food photos from restaurants where my family dines and other of my food creations.
You Tube see our new recipe videos! Note: I’m still working on adding videos and finding subscribers.
Don’t miss out… subscribe on multiple platforms!
If you like it, please SHARE it!
Now that you’ve learned a little about me, thanks for visiting and I hope you’ll SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter and come back soon!
Ciao for now!
Owner and creator of No Plate Like Home
Content creator, Food photographer