Grilled Zucchini is healthy and super easy to make on a grill. It’s a great way to use up summer zucchini. Low-carb & Vegan
Vegetable Side Dishes
Grilled zucchini (zucchine alla griglia) is a wonderful summer vegetable side dish. It’s not only nutritious, it’s light-tasting and delicious.
I use it to make zucchini lasagna which is filling, low-carb and just as delicious as it is made with pasta.
My Italian family from Italy introduced it to me many years ago.
Disclosure: This post may contain Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Zucchine alla Griglia
Making this grilled zucchini is SIMPLE!
- Wash, dry and cut the zucchini lengthwise.
- Grill it.
- Season it.
Isn’t that simple?
In my humble opinion, this is one of the best ways to make zucchini because it doesn’t get soggy. You can use it to make rollatini too.
When you season the grilled zucchini, you can use fresh garlic cloves. I use garlic powder because it coats the zucchini better. But, if you use garlic cloves, it will pick up the garlic flavor.
Zucchini and garlic go together like zucchini and tomatoes. Zucchini seems to be one of the garden vegetables that home gardeners grow a lot.
I haven’t been growing it anymore myself because of a ground hog I’m not particularly fond.
You may also like Tomato Zucchini Mozzarella Bake.
Find more Italian recipes!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Zucchine alla Griglia (Grilled Zucchini)
- 6 zucchini
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley optional
- First, preheat grill to 400F.
- Next, wash and dry zucchini.
- Then, cut each zucchini lengthwise 1/4" in thickness. Do not remove the skin.
- Next, put zucchini on the grill and cook about five minutes on each side or until tender when poked with a fork. Remove from grill.
- Next, sprinkle grilled zucchini with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Then, drizzle with olive oil. Optional: top with fresh parsley.