White Chocolate Cranberry Cannolis are a new way to eat an old favorite dessert. They are made with Philladelphia Cream Cheese, whipped cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, Craisins and white chocolate chips! Does that sound amazing? Bring something different to your next party.
Cannoli have become quite popular over the years and are a long time favorite of mine. The sweet cheese-filled center with crusty exterior shell dipped in semi-sweet chocolate chips is enough to make me devour the whole thing in one minute and contemplate eating another one before my brain tells me “Stop right there! You’ve had enough.”
Cannoli originated from Sicily and are made with ricotta cheese, candied fruit, sugar and chocolate chips. They are delicious! Although, I’ve had trouble making them with ricotta cheese (probably from not draining it enough) so, I make them with cream cheese and they are equally good. Maybe your kids will even love them!
How to Make White Chocolate Cranberry Cannolis
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post.
In a large mixing bowl, mix heavy whipping cream on high for one minute until fluffy.
Next, on medium speed, add powdered sugar and mix until blended. Add cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon to whipped cream and mix continue to mix until well blended.
Then, stir in white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of Craisins into cheese mixture.
Put cream cheese mixture into a plastic zipper bag, seal closed. Refrigerate for one hour, if the cream cheese mixture is too soft. It will be easier to fill the shells if it is firm. Cut the tip of the bag to a one inch (1 cm) hole .
Fill cannoli shells liberally with cream cheese mixture.
Last, add Craisins bits to the ends of the cannoli and dust with powdered sugar.
Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving or overnight before serving.
It only takes minutes to make the filling and fill the shells. I buy my shells which, saves a lot of time and clean up from making them.
You can buy the regular size or mini cannoli shells and still have enough cheese filling. You can find cannoli shells for this recipe online, Italian specialty stores or larger grocery stores, usually in the pasta or international foods aisles.
Therefore, no matter which dessert you want to make, the White Chocolate Cranberry Cannoli are great to serve at parties or holidays because they are easy to make, unique, single servings and delicious. They are an original twist on an old favorite.
More Desserts from No Plate Like Home:
The cannoli would also look very cute on a big heart-shaped dessert tray for Valentine’s Day or anniversary celebrations along side an Almond Sour Cream Heart-Shaped Naked Pound Cake with Pink Almond Butter Cream Frosting pictured to the left.
Wouldn’t your other half LOVE this beautiful heart-and delicious shaped cake? Mine couldn’t wait to devour it, along with our boys. Did someone say “cake?”
Furthermore, your hubby might like this lighter version of Tiramisu will leave you asking if you are eating the full fat version. This Italian inspired Light Tiramisu made with Angel Food Cake, Neuchatel cheese and Cool Whip desserts has only 275 calories and 9 grams of fat per serving.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cannolis
- 12 mini cannoli shells
- 8 oz of cream cheese
- 4 oz of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups of powdered sugar plus 1 tsp for dusting
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbs of Craisins
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix heavy whipping cream on high for one minute until fluffy.
- On medium speed, add powdered sugar and mix until blended. Add cream cheese, vanilla and cinnamon to whipped cream and mix continue to mix until well blended.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of Craisins into cheese mixture.
- Put cream cheese mixture into a plastic zipper bag, seal closed. Refrigerate for one hour, if the cream cheese mixture is too soft. It will be easier to fill the shells if it is firm. Cut the tip of the bag to a one inch (1 cm) hole .
- Fill cannoli shells liberally with cream cheese mixture.
- Add Craisins bits to the ends of the cannolis and dust with powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
Refrigerate for 2-4 hours before serving.