Find out if Sun Basket Meal Delivery is for you. Many of your questions are answered- how much does it cost, what do you get and is it easy to cancel. Is it worth it? Read about it in this Sun Basket Reviews 2019.
Is Sun Basket Meal Delivery for you? If you want delicious, healthy meals you can prepare in usually under 30 minutes then I would say probably “YES!” It certainly is worth trying. I’ve made 9 Sun Basket Meals so far and I’ve liked each and every one. They not only taste good, they’re easy to prepare meals that are ready quickly with little effort. Lazy people take note: You’ll love the prep-prepped recipes.
I’ve been sent exotic meals like Moroccan Lamb Tagine that I’d never heard of. It’s exciting to get your Sun Basket filled with fresh organic produce and wild caught fish or organic meat. There are so many great choices! Now you won’t have an excuse not to cook because you’ll look forward to making the recipes you chose.
I love not having to think about what to make for dinner after I get my Sun Basket! It’s one more thing I don’t have to plan.
Before I get into the Sun Basket Review, I want to tell you how Sun Basket works and answer some of your questions.
Read my first Mediterranean Sun Basket review here.
How Does Sun Basket Work?
First, you’ll decide which menu plan you want i.e. Vegan, Carb-conscious, gluten-free, etc. There are 11 menu plans to choose from. See the complete list below. I chose the Mediterranean for this review.
Sun Basket Menu Plans:
- Lean & Clean
- Quick & Easy
- Chef’s Choice
Then, you’ll choose between the Classic or Family Menus.
Next, you’ll choose how many recipes you want to receive per week and for how many people.
Then, you’ll choose from the recipes within the mean plan online after you create an account. For example, I chose to receive 3 recipes per week for 2 people for the Mediterranean menu.
The recipes I chose were:
- Steaks with chimichurri and harissa-roasted sweet potatoes (pre-prepped)
- Seared salmon with chimichurri and Provencal vegetables (pre-prepped)
- Shrimp and mushroom cauliflower “rissotto” with sweet pea pistou and mint
You’ll can do this on the Sun Basket app after you download it.
That’s it! Now, you just wait until your Sun Basket arrives at your door. By the way, you have until noon each Wednesday to edit your next order.
All of the packaging is 100% recyclable and compostable too!
All of the ingredients to make each recipe was organized into one labeled paper bag. I didn’t have to organize the ingredients. Most of them didn’t need to be washed either. Plus, the ingredients are pre-measured which saves time in measuring. However, you do need to cut the produce.
This delivery meal service is PERFECT for you if you want to learn how to cook healthy meals! Because you choose from the delicious recipes, you don’t have to think about what to make for dinner! It makes meal planning simple, healthy and delicious.
Just think about how you’ll be able to lose weight from eating delicious healthy meals all while learning how to cook!
Sun Basket Benefits:
- You’ll learn how to cook.
- You’ll get to try NEW meals and even exotic ones.
- Healthy and portioned meals are at your fingertips.
- The recipes are low in calories yet, DELICIOUS!
- All of the ingredients are pre-measured which, saves time. Just open and dump!
- The ingredients are fresh, good quality and 100% sourced organic and responsibly raised!
- You can skip or cancel anytime so you aren’t locked in.
- You’ll get a recipe card with easy-to-follow directions.
- Your meals are fresh, not frozen.
- Sun Basket only uses the best antibiotic and hormone-free meat and organic eggs.
- Sun Basket only uses wild caught seafood.
- You can choose any recipe from any diet but, you can’t mix & match between classic and family menus.
- You are sent the best organic sustainable produce.
- Sun Basket packaging is recyclable and compostable.
- You get to try new ingredients and flavor combinations you may never have tried otherwise.
- You don’t have to buy a whole bottle of one spice when you only need a teaspoon.
- It’s cheaper than eating out at restaurants.
- It’s healthier than eating high-sodium restaurant meals.
- You get healthy recipes to keep and make another time.
- You don’t have to stress over what to make for dinner.
- Sun Basket gives back to their communities, local food banks, Feeding America and employee programs.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. No questions asked.
Of all of the benefits listed above, learning how to cook is one of my top ones. You will learn how to prepare delicious healthy meals and the more you do it, the more comfortable you’ll feel to do it on your own. You’ll be inspired to create your own dishes from the ideas you’ve tried with Sun Basket.
When you think about it, they’re giving you a recipe that you can make over and over if it becomes your favorite. You may need to substitute a sauce or base they send you. So, it’s worth your while to try out the recipes that sound good and save them to make again if you choose. Put them in your own recipe book!
You can make delicious restaurant-quality meals at home for a fraction of the price!
That’s a huge PLUS! You can impress that cute guy you’ve been dating with a home-cooked, delicious meal. He’ll think you went out of your way for him but, you and I will know how easy it was.
How Much Does Sun Basket Cost a week?
It depends on which menu (Classic or Family) you choose, how many recipes you want delivered per week (2, 3 or 4) and for how many people.
Sun Basket Prices:
Classic Menu (Choose from 18 recipes each week!)
Recipes per week: Choose 2, 3 or 4 at
Number of people: 2 or 4
Family Menu (Choose from 6 recipes each week!)
Number of people: 4
Recipes per week: Choose 2, 3 or 4 at
Is Sun Basket Easy to Cancel?
The short answer is yes! You may also skip weeks for any reason. This can be done easily on the app.
Are Sun Basket recipes healthy?
Yes! They are low calorie 500-800 calories per serving!
Can I talk to a real person at Sun Basket?
Yes. There’s a 1 800 number to call customer service and you will be connected to a living, breathing human being that speaks English. This person will be happy to answer your questions immediately. This is a real PLUS!
Does Sun Basket Charge for Shipping?
Yes. After your introductory offer is over, you’ll be charged $6.99 for shipping.
What Happens if an Ingredient is Missing from the Box?
Oops! It can happen. We’re all human after all. You get your Sun Basket and you find that an ingredient is missing. Well, this almost happened to me. I’ll share my story.
I went through my ingredients and thought that the steak to make the Steak Salad was missing. I called them. It’s nice that you can talk to a real human in customer service and not be bound to sending an email or a message. The customer service rep told me he’d credit $10 to my next order. That covered more than the cost of the meal so, I was happy with that.
Later that day, I found the steak in one of the other recipe bags. So, I was the erroneous one here.
Sun Basket Phone Number
1-(855) 204-7597 Call this customer service number and you’ll be connected to a live person who can answer your questions.
Sun Basket Reviews 2019 Mediterranean
I signed up to receive two meals per recipe for the Mediterranean menu option.
Note:I forgot to choose my recipes before the cut off so they sent me the following meals. I enjoyed all of them!
Moroccan Lamb Tagine with artichokes, tomato-poached eggs and couscous
Here are the ingredients that were in my Sun Basket:
- This recipe was 630 calories per serving and it was dairy and soy-free.
- This recipe took a little longer than most but, it was one of the most delicious too! My husband also enjoyed it. It took about 40 min to prepare.
- The instructions were easy-to-follow.
- It was a very filling meal and there was enough for three people!
- The tomato sauce was delicious as were the seasonings included.
- The couscous was super simple to make.
- I didn’t use all of the parsley.
- I enjoyed the eggs in this recipe but, I’m a big fan of over medium eggs and like a runny yolk however, you can cook it longer if you wish or even omit the eggs altogether if you wish.
Spicy Jamaican Black Bean Tostadas with charred peppers and mango slaw (Speedy)
Here are the ingredients that were in my Sun Basket minus the mango because I forgot to include it:
- This recipe was 640 calories per serving and it was gluten-free, vegan, dairy and soy-free.
- I enjoyed this recipe a lot as did my husband. It was very filling and could have been enough for 3 people. There were 4 tostadas for two people!
- I didn’t use all of the scallions.
- The recipe was easy-to-follow.
- I thought the using the red cabbage on the tostadas in addition to the using it in the mango slaw was a bit overkill but, it was still good. There was a lot of red cabbage!
- I made this recipe in 20 minutes!
- The mango slaw was tasty and great for summer. There was definitely enough for 3-4 people too! We had leftovers.
Sole Arrabbiata and Squash Ribbon Salad
Here are the ingredients I was sent to make this recipe:
- This recipe is 600 calories per serving. It was Paleo, gluten-free, Lean & Clean (a menu option,) dairy and soy-free, diabetes friendly and Carb Concious (another menu option.)
- This recipe too was easy to prepare with easy-to-follow instructions. It was spicy but, you can control how much red pepper flakes you put in or you can omit them altogether.
- The fish portion was just enough for two people.
- The I enjoyed the tomato sauce and it was easy to prepare.
- Eating raw zucchini was a surprise to me and I didn’t think I’d like it but, I tried it and it was good. I ate it.
- The Squash Ribbon Salad was easy to make and I liked the walnuts for some crunch.
You can read my first Sun Basket Review of the Mediterranean menu option for more recipe reviews.