You’ve been thinking of trying Sun Basket Mediterranean meal kit delivery service but, you’re not quite sure. Would it be worth the cost? Will the recipes be easy and taste good? I’m going to give you an honest review. I’ll answer your questions and tell you about my experience. The food tastes so good and is so easy-to-make, you’ll want to sign up NOW!
Before I get to this comprehensive Sun Basket review, I want to tell you about Sun Basket and how it works.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a commission which helps with blog expenses so you can continue to receive FREE recipes but, the price you pay is the same.
How Does Sun Basket Work?
First, you’ll decide which menu plan you want i.e. Vegan, Carb-concious, gluten-free, etc. There are 11 menu plans to choose from. See the complete list below. I chose the Mediterranean for this review.
Sun Basket Menu Plans:
- Lean & Clean
- Quick & Easy
- Chef’s Choice
Then, you’ll choose between the Classic or Family Menus.
Next, you’ll choose how many recipes you want to receive per week and for how many people.
Then, you’ll choose from the recipes within the mean plan online after you create an account. For example, I chose to receive 3 recipes per week for 2 people for the Mediterranean menu.
The recipes I chose were:
- Lebanese-style Chicken Breasts with Tomato Tabbouleh
- Steak Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette and Charred Scallion Relish
- Vietnamese Shrimp Salad
You’ll can do this on the Sun Basket app after you download it.
That’s it! Now, you just wait until your Sun Basket arrives at your door. By the way, you have until noon each Wednesday to edit your next order.
Here’s what came inside my Sun Basket!
It came with a Welcome pamphlet and a recipe book. The contents were delivered in 100% recyclable and compostable packaging!
All of the ingredients to make each recipe was organized into one labeled paper bag. I didn’t have to organize the ingredients. Most of them didn’t need to be washed either. Plus, the ingredients are pre-measured which saves time in measuring. However, you do need to cut the produce.
This delivery meal service is PERFECT for you if you want to learn how to cook healthy meals! Because you choose from the delicious recipes, you don’t have to think about what to make for dinner! It makes meal planning simple, healthy and delicious.
Just think about how you’ll be able to lose weight from eating delicious healthy meals all while learning how to cook!
Sun Basket Benefits:
- You’ll learn how to cook.
- You’ll get to try NEW meals and even exotic ones.
- Healthy and portioned meals are at your fingertips.
- $35 off your FIRST ORDER! (affiliate link)
- The recipes are low in calories yet, DELICIOUS!
- All of the ingredients are pre-measured which, saves time. Just open and dump!
- The ingredients are fresh, good quality and 100% sourced organic and responsibly raised!
- You can skip or cancel anytime so you aren’t locked in.
- You’ll get a recipe card with easy-to-follow directions.
- Your meals are fresh, not frozen.
- Sun Basket only uses the best antibiotic and hormone-free meat and organic eggs.
- Sun Basket only uses wild caught seafood.
- You can choose any recipe from any diet but, you can’t mix & match between classic and family menus.
- You are sent the best organic sustainable produce.
- Sun Basket packaging is recyclable and compostable.
- You get to try new ingredients and flavor combinations you may never have tried otherwise.
- You don’t have to buy a whole bottle of one spice when you only need a teaspoon.
- It’s cheaper than eating out at restaurants.
- It’s healthier than eating high-sodium restaurant meals.
- You get healthy recipes to keep and make another time.
- You don’t have to stress over what to make for dinner.
- Sun Basket gives back to their communities, local food banks, Feeding America and employee programs.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. No questions asked.
Of all of the benefits listed above, learning how to cook is one of my top ones. You will learn how to prepare delicious healthy meals and the more you do it, the more comfortable you’ll feel to do it on your own. You’ll be inspired to create your own dishes from the ideas you’ve tried with Sun Basket.
When you think about it, they’re giving you a recipe that you can make over and over if it becomes your favorite. You may need to substitute a sauce or base they send you. So, it’s worth your while to try out the recipes that sound good and save them to make again if you choose. Put them in your own recipe book!
You can make delicious restaurant-quality meals at home for a fraction of the price! That’s a huge PLUS! You can impress that cute guy you’ve been dating with a home-cooked, delicious meal. He’ll think you went out of your way for him but, you and I will know how easy it was.
With that said, can you think of a good reason NOT to try Sun Basket? Join here to get up to $35 off your first order.
How Much Does Sun Basket Cost a week?
It depends on which menu (Classic or Family) you choose, how many recipes you want delivered per week (2, 3 or 4) and for how many people.
Sun Basket Prices:
Classic Menu (Choose from 18 recipes each week!)
Recipes per week: Choose 2, 3 or 4 at
Number of people: 2 or 4
Family Menu (Choose from 6 recipes each week!)
Number of people: 4
Recipes per week: Choose 2, 3 or 4 at
Is Sun Basket Easy to Cancel?
The short answer is yes! You may also skip weeks for any reason. This can be done easily on the app.
Are Sun Basket recipes healthy?
Yes! They are low calorie 500-800 calories per serving!
Can I talk to a real person at Sun Basket?
Yes. There’s a 1 800 number to call customer service and you will be connected to a living, breathing human being that speaks English. This person will be happy to answer your questions immediately. This is a real PLUS!
Does Sun Basket Charge for Shipping?
Yes. After your introductory offer is over, you’ll be charged $6.99 for shipping.
What Happens if an Ingredient is Missing from the Box?
Oops! It can happen. We’re all human after all. You get your Sun Basket and you find that an ingredient is missing. Well, this almost happened to me. I’ll share my story.
I went through my ingredients and thought that the steak to make the Steak Salad was missing. I called them. It’s nice that you can talk to a real human in customer service and not be bound to sending an email or a message. The customer service rep told me he’d credit $10 to my next order. That covered more than the cost of the meal so, I was happy with that.
Later that day, I found the steak in one of the other recipe bags. So, I was the erroneous one here.
Sun Basket Phone Number
1-(855) 204-7597 Call this customer service number and you’ll be connected to a live person who can answer your questions.
Sun Basket Review- Mediterranean Menu
Here are three recipes from the Mediterranean Menu that I’ll review. Two of them are low-carb.
Lebanese-style Chicken Breasts with Quinoa & Tomato Tabbouleh recipe
Here are the ingredients I was sent to make the Lebanese-style Chicken Breasts with Quinoa & Tomato Tabbouleh.
- I made this recipe in about 25 minutes.
- It was easy-to-make with easy-to-follow instructions.
- The chicken breast was to be coated in tomato paste mixed with lemon juice, seasonings packet and oil. I felt the tomato paste was too bitter and that tomato sauce may have been a better choice. I added garlic powder, which I often use in my cooking and that made it taste more to my liking.
- The Tabbouleh was absolutely delicious. I enjoyed it very much. It was a mixture of tomatoes, a very big cucumber, lemon juice, scallions, oil, parsley and cooked quinoa. The quinoa cooked while the chicken was cooking.
- The Tabbouleh portion was larger than expected and enough for 3 people.
- The chicken portions were normal size.
- Overall, this meal was good. I loved the Tabbouleh and it was simple to put together. The meal was healthy with good portions and easy-to-make.
- This recipe was only 500 calories! You won’t have to feel guilty for having a small (or big bowl) of your favorite ice cream. LOL!
You may like my Grilled Lemon Rosemary Chicken!
Steak Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette and Charred Scallion Relish recipe (This is a customer favorite!)
Steak Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette and Charred Scallion Relish
- This recipe only took me 20 minutes to make as the recipe indicates.
- The recipe had easy-to-follow directions.
- The Chipotle Vinaigrette was very tasty. It complimented the steak very well.
- The filet mignon was high quality and fresh.
- The charred scallion relish was a tasty accompaniment to the steak salad.
- I enjoyed the flavors in this salad and would order it again.
- This recipe was only 570 calories!
Vietnamese Shrimp Salad
Sun Basket- Vietnamese Shrimp Salad
Here are the ingredients I was sent to make the Vietnamese Shrimp Salad.
- This recipe was very easy to make with easy-to-follow directions. The hardest part was cutting up the mango. Wink!
- I made this recipe in only 15 minutes!
- The shrimp was fresh and wild caught.
- The shrimp was peeled and deveined which made prep time easier and faster.
- The flavor combination in this shrimp salad was complimentary.
- The shredded cabbage and walnuts added some crunch to the salad.
- The dressing was only four ingredients.
- This was a super quick and delicious dinner to prepare. I’d order it again.
- This recipe is only 410 calories! Wow!
Overall, I LOVED my Sun Basket experience!
You may like my healthy Garlic Shrimp & Zucchini Pasta recipe!
Here are my top reasons:
- I liked not having to think about what I was going to make for dinner that night and knew I had all of the ingredients I needed.
- I liked trying new ethnic meals I would have otherwise never tried.
- The quality of the ingredients and ease with which to make the meals was very convenient.
- It’s fun to pick out delicious, healthy recipes and exciting to get the Sun Basket box filled with fresh, high-quality ingredients.
- I can skip weeks or cancel at any time! I like the freedom.
Get inspired, learn how to cook healthy, delicious meals in your own kitchen with Sun Basket! Are you ready to try it?
Order the Carb Conscious meal kit now!
JOIN HERE: to get up to $35 off your first order!(affiliate link) You can cancel at any time! What are you waiting for?