You can probably think of so many meal delivery kit subscription services but, which one is right for you? I’ve made nine Sun Basket meals so far and I’ll tell you all about my experience and how it works. Sun Basket has healthy meals so you don’t have to worry about finding healthy recipes online and purchasing a bunch of ingredients you may never use again… Ingredients that’ll just get tossed 6 months from now.
Sun Basket sends you just what you need to make a healthy and delicious quick meals right at home. Meals that you choose to make! They’ll tell you if they’re “speedy” or “pre-prepped” or a “customer favorite.” You’ll get step-by-step instructions so there’s no guess work.
I review some Sun Basket pre-prepped meals from June 2019 below to give you an idea of what a Sun Basket pre-prepped meal looks like. I hope this gives you confidence to order them. They’re just the way you like them, cut, seasoned and ready to cook!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a commission which helps with blog expenses so you can continue to receive FREE recipes but, the price you pay is the same.
How Does Sun Basket Work?
First, you’ll decide which menu plan you want i.e. Vegan, Carb-concious, gluten-free, etc. There are 11 menu plans to choose from. See the complete list below. I chose the Mediterranean for this review.
Sun Basket Menu Plans:
- Lean & Clean
- Quick & Easy
- Chef’s Choice
Then, you’ll choose between the Classic or Family Menus.
Next, you’ll choose how many recipes you want to receive per week and for how many people.
Then, you’ll choose from the recipes within the mean plan online after you create an account. For example, I chose to receive 3 recipes per week for 2 people for the Mediterranean menu.
The recipes I chose were:
- Steaks with chimichurri and harissa-roasted sweet potatoes (pre-prepped)
- Seared salmon with chimichurri and Provencal vegetables (pre-prepped)
- Shrimp and mushroom cauliflower “rissotto” with sweet pea pistou and mint
You’ll can do this on the Sun Basket app after you download it.
That’s it! Now, you just wait until your Sun Basket arrives at your door. By the way, you have until noon each Wednesday to edit your next order.
All of the packaging is 100% recyclable and compostable too!
All of the ingredients to make each recipe was organized into one labeled paper bag. I didn’t have to organize the ingredients. Most of them didn’t need to be washed either. Plus, the ingredients are pre-measured which saves time in measuring. However, you do need to cut the produce.
This delivery meal service is PERFECT for you if you want to learn how to cook healthy meals! Because you choose from the delicious recipes, you don’t have to think about what to make for dinner! It makes meal planning simple, healthy and delicious.
Just think about how you’ll be able to lose weight from eating delicious healthy meals all while learning how to cook!
Sun Basket Benefits:
- You’ll learn how to cook.
- You’ll get to try NEW meals and even exotic ones.
- Healthy and portioned meals are at your fingertips.
- The recipes are low in calories yet, DELICIOUS!
- All of the ingredients are pre-measured which, saves time. Just open and dump!
- The ingredients are fresh, good quality and 100% sourced organic and responsibly raised!
- You can skip or cancel anytime so you aren’t locked in.
- You’ll get a recipe card with easy-to-follow directions.
- Your meals are fresh, not frozen.
- Sun Basket only uses the best antibiotic and hormone-free meat and organic eggs.
- Sun Basket only uses wild caught seafood.
- You can choose any recipe from any diet but, you can’t mix & match between classic and family menus.
- You are sent the best organic sustainable produce.
- Sun Basket packaging is recyclable and compostable.
- You get to try new ingredients and flavor combinations you may never have tried otherwise.
- You don’t have to buy a whole bottle of one spice when you only need a teaspoon.
- It’s cheaper than eating out at restaurants.
- It’s healthier than eating high-sodium restaurant meals.
- You get healthy recipes to keep and make another time.
- You don’t have to stress over what to make for dinner.
- Sun Basket gives back to their communities, local food banks, Feeding America and employee programs.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. No questions asked.
Of all of the benefits listed above, learning how to cook is one of my top ones. You will learn how to prepare delicious healthy meals and the more you do it, the more comfortable you’ll feel to do it on your own. You’ll be inspired to create your own dishes from the ideas you’ve tried with Sun Basket.
Therefore, they’re giving you a recipe that you can make over and over if it becomes your favorite. You may need to substitute a sauce or base they send you. So, it’s worth your while to try out the recipes that sound good and save them to make again if you choose. Put them in your own recipe book!
You can make delicious restaurant-quality meals at home for a fraction of the price! That’s a huge PLUS! You can impress that cute guy you’ve been dating with a home-cooked, delicious meal. He’ll think you went out of your way for him but, you and I will know how easy it was.
How Much Does Sun Basket Cost a week?
It depends on which menu (Classic or Family) you choose, how many recipes you want delivered per week (2, 3 or 4) and for how many people.
Sun Basket Prices:
Classic Menu (Choose from 18 recipes each week!)
Recipes per week: Choose 2, 3 or 4 at $8.66 per serving as of 2019 (1st box is $51.94)
Number of people: 2 or 4
Family Menu (Choose from 6 recipes each week!)
Number of people: 4
Recipes per week: Choose 2, 3 or 4 at $8.49 per serving (1st box is $67.92)
Is Sun Basket Easy to Cancel?
The short answer is yes! You may also skip weeks for any reason. This can be done easily on the app.
Are Sun Basket recipes healthy?
Yes! They are low calorie 500-800 calories per serving!
Can I talk to a real person at Sun Basket?
Yes. There’s a 1 800 number to call customer service and you will be connected to a living, breathing human being that speaks English. This person will be happy to answer your questions immediately. This is a real PLUS!
Does Sun Basket Charge for Shipping?
Yes. After your introductory offer is over, you’ll be charged $6.99 for shipping.
What Happens if an Ingredient is Missing from the Box?
Oops! It can happen. We’re all human after all. You get your Sun Basket and you find that an ingredient is missing. Well, this almost happened to me. I’ll share my story.
I went through my ingredients and thought that the steak to make the Steak Salad was missing. I called them. It’s nice that you can talk to a real human in customer service and not be bound to sending an email or a message. The customer service rep told me he’d credit $10 to my next order. That covered more than the cost of the meal so, I was happy with that.
Later that day, I found the steak in one of the other recipe bags. So, I was the erroneous one here.
Sun Basket Phone Number
1-(855) 204-7597 Call this customer service number and you’ll be connected to a live person who can answer your questions.
Read my first Sun Basket review to to learn more about the Mediterranean Meal Plan.
Sun Basket Review of Pre-Prepped Meals
If you’re the tiniest bit lazy, the Sun Basket Pre-prepped meals are for you! There’s no chopping vegetables or much of anything. You basically just dump and assemble. How easy is that?
Steaks with chimichurri and harissa-roasted sweet potatoes (pre-prepped)
Here’s what they sent me to make this delicious meal:
- Just 610 calories per serving! Not bad for a steak dinner. Right?
- The steak was really fresh and high quality.
- I really enjoyed the chard greens and the steak/chard combination.. I only had to cook them for a couple of minutes. This is something I’d never think of on my own and one of the reasons I like using Sun Basket.
- I baked the sweet potatoes in my air fryer instead of oven and they came out great.
- The sweet potatoes were pre-prepped. Therefore, I didn’t have to wash, cut or season them! This saved on time and effort.
- The chimichurri sauce came in a container and it was yummy.
Seared salmon with chimichurri and Provencal vegetables (pre-prepped)
Here are the ingredients that were in my Sun Basket to make this easy recipe.
- This was a delicious meal and easy to prepare especially because the vegetables were already cut and ready to cook.
- At only 500 calories per serving, you can have a bowl of ice cream for dessert. LOL! I won’t tell.
- It was Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free and Soy-free.
- It only took me 15 minutes to make just as stated in the recipe. The squash is meant to not be soft so, it didn’t take too long.
- I didn’t have to make the chimichuri sauce. It was in a container that I just poured on the cooked salmon.
- The quality of the salmon was great and the vegetables were fresh and also good quality. Nothing limp here.
- Note: I used my own olive oil, salt and pepper for this recipe as they don’t send that to you.
If you like salmon, I have a Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon Foil Packet with Broccolini and One Pot Honey Lemon Salmon with Asparagus you’re sure to like as well! They are equally as easy-to-make and delicious!
Shrimp and mushroom cauliflower “rissotto” with sweet pea pistou and mint
Here are the ingredients I as sent to make Shrimp and mushroom cauliflower “rissotto” with sweet pea pistou and mint.
- This recipe was yummy and only 580 calories per serving. It tasted like risotto but, with cauliflower rice.
- It was carb-conscious, gluten-free and soy-free.
- I liked how easy and fast it was to make this recipe which is why it’s labeled “speedy.”
- It took about 20 minutes for me to make as the recipe indicated.
- The pea pistou was in a container so, I didn’t have to make that.
- I just had to slice the mushrooms and shallots but, that was easy and didn’t take long.
- The quality of the ingredients was great!
If you like shrimp, you’d probably like these recipes: Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini Pasta or Air Fryer Panko Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Sauce!