The first time I saw these green chocolate covered mini pretzels in the shape of a shamrock, I loved them! I just had to make them and put my own finishing touches on them. St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Pretzel Sticks (a.k.a. Shamrock Pretzel Pops) are cute, easy-to-make and a yummy, fun, green treat to make with your kids. Feeling lucky?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission.
I found this cute idea on Pinterest at The Spruce. I’m not sure where this idea originally came but, this the blog where I found it. It is such a cute idea and my kids liked making and eating these!
What a cute treat to send to your kids school to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
A tasty Shepherd’s Pie and Ground Beef and Cabbage Stew are also fitting St. Patrick’s Day food. You can get my Ground Beef and Cabbage Stew recipe by subscribing to my newsletter. You’ll get a bunch of free recipes too!
How to Make St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Pretzel Sticks
The full (printable) recipe is at the bottom of this post.
3 sheet pans
33-36 mini pretzels
12 oz dark green candy wafers
6 inch lollipop sticks
lime green sprinkls
dark green sugar sprinkles
green ribbon (optional)
I suggest making 3 pretzel sticks at a time as they’ll begin to dry quickly.
First, melt the candy wafers according to package directions.
Then, dip each mini pretzel into dark green candy wafers (melted) and place them on the wax paper arranging the pretzels as shown in the pictures to form the shamrock.
Next, use a spoon to ensure even coverage of the melted candy wafers on the pretzels.
Then, attach the stick at the bottom.
Last, set in refrigerator to cool for about 10-15 min. Repeat until all of the melted candy wafers are used up.
If you fancy, tie a green ribbon under the shamrocks when they’re cooled.
Makes about 11 or 12 St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Pretzels Sticks.
Suggestions for Use:
You can place these cute shamrock sticks into clear plastic bags and tie a ribbon to them to give to friends or send to school in your kids’ lunch box.
They would look cute displayed in a small cylinder vase filled with green M&Ms at a St. Patrick’s Day party.
Instead of using the sticks, use the
shamrocks as a cupcake topper or for cake decorations.
These cute St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock Pretzels Sticks are a really cute and fun to make with your kids! Take them to work, give them to friends or display them at your St. Patrick’s Day party.
St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Pretzel Sticks
- 12 oz Dark Green Candy Wafers
- 33 mini pretzels
- 1 tsp lime green sprinkles
- 1 tsp dark green sugar sprinkles
- 11 lollipop sticks
- Melt the dark green candy wafers according to package directions. Line 3 sheet pans with wax paper.
- You'll make 3 pretzel sticks at a time as they'll begin to dry quickly. Dip each pretzel into the melted candy wafers and place them on the wax paper. Arrange the pretzels as shown in the pictures to form the shamrock. Use a spoon to ensure even coverage of the melted candy wafers on the pretzels. Attach the stick at the bottom. Sprinkle with lime green sprinkles and dark green sugar sprinkles. Set in refrigerator to cool for about 10-15 min. Repeat until all of the melted candy wafers are used up. I made 11 with mine.