Ring in the NEW YEAR with this DELICIOUS Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Pork with Rosemary and Garlic! It’s tender, flavorful, juicy pork that only takes 10 min to prep and is perfect for game day, parties, meal planning, big holiday dinners, baby showers, bridal showers. Keto, low-carb, and gluten-free.
Prep it in the morning and hours later, you’ll have a great meal. This slow cooker pork is deliciously seasoned with EVOO, sage, fresh rosemary and garlic. It’s one of my favorite pork recipes.
Once it’s paired with Provolone cheese, you’ll have a tasty Italian pork sandwich which is perfect for parties. Set it and forget it.
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links and I would receive a small commission on purchases but the price you pay is the same.
This boneless pork loin is seasoned with fresh rosemary and garlic. It marinates in extra virgin olive oil, ground sage, freshly cracked black pepper and salt while cooking in a slow cooker for 9 hours. It shreds upon moving with a fork.
I’m no stranger to Italian cooking!
If you prefer, you can cook it for about five or six hours before it begins to shred and cut it into pieces as you would a roast.
Also, the aroma of this pork roast will smell amazing creeping through your house, up the stairs and down the hallways. Your kids and spouse will know they are getting something good to eat soon.
How to Make Slow Cooker Italian Pork
*The full recipe is at the bottom of this post.
Note: This recipe makes an 8 lb boneless pork roast. You may want to cut the recipe in half.
- First, cut 6- 1/2″ slits about 1″ deep and 2-3″ apart into each pork loin (for a total of about 12 slits, 6 in each piece)
- Next, insert 3-4 leaves of rosemary and one half of a garlic clove into each slit. Throw whatever rosemary and garlic is left into the slow cooker.
- Then, sprinkle the top of pork loin with sage, salt and pepper.
- Next, pour extra virgin olive oil into the slow cooker and turn on low setting.
- Next, put seasoned pork loin fat side up, into the slow cooker and cook on low for 9 hours. If you want to remove the fat, it is easier to remove at the 5-6 hour mark before it starts to shred.
If you choose to eat pork in a sandwich, assemble in sandwich rolls and enjoy. Serve with Provolone cheese or hot or sweet peppers if desired.
With only a few ingredients, just 10 minutes of prep time and a slow cooker, you can make a flavorful, juicy and tender pork dinner to your hungry family. Serve it shredded in sandwiches or cook it about 3 hours fewer if you rather cut it and serve it in full slices next to potatoes.
What’s more, it is fuss free to serve at your next holiday gathering or game day. Set it and forget it. Serve it sandwich rolls at parties.
Helpful Products to Use with Slow Cooker Italian Pork
This pork recipe is not only easy and delicious, it tastes even better on day two and three as it sits in its own juices. Also, it freezes well! Make extra and put it in freezer containers for weeknight meals.
This is my “go to” recipe for when I’m hosting large parties because I can make it weeks in advance, freeze it, and then serve it in the Crock Pot while only giving it a stir once in a while.
Take it to a potluck in this slow cooker carrier! Not only will the pork stay warm, it won’t drip all over your car! This carrier runs about $15 and makes a great gift!
I cook the pork with the fat attached for the flavor and then remove it after it is cooked. I remove the fat between the 5-6 hour cooking time, before the meat begins to shred. Personally, I don’t like to bite into a piece of fat.
Alternatively, removing the fat is completely optional of course! I know that it may be a food crime in some parts of the US and abroad but, I don’t like biting into a chewy piece of cooked fat.
Italian Pulled Pork Serving Suggestions
-This pork recipe is perfect for New Year’s Day and game day! Make it for the Super Bowl! It’s an easy and delicious pork dinner for a big gathering.
-Serve this Slow Cooker Italian pork along side:
Air Fryer Parmesan Roasted Potatoes (conventional oven instructions included)
-Add sauerkraut to leftovers.
Slow Cooker Italian Pork with Rosemary and Garlic is an affordable, flavorful pork recipe that only takes 10 min to prep. It’s a great party recipe to set and forget. Feeding a large family doesn’t have to cost a lot. Use this pork recipe.
Freezing leftovers makes it the perfect recipe to make ahead for parties and meal planning. Don’t you have enough to do? Don’t fuss.
See more slow cooker recipes.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
NOTE: This recipe was last updated on December 23, 2021.
Slow Cooker Italian Pork with Rosemary and Garlic
- 8 lb pork loin boneless cut in half
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs fresh rosemary dried rosemary not recommended
- 6 cloves garlic cut in half
- 1 tsp ground sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut 6- 1/2" slits about 1" deep and 2-3" apart into each pork loin (for a total of about 12 slits, 6 in each piece)
- Inject with your finger 3-4 leaves of rosemary and one half of a garlic clove into each slit. Throw whatever rosemary and garlic is left into the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle top of pork loin with sage, salt and pepper.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil into the slow cooker and turn on low setting.
- Put seasoned pork loin fat side up, into the slow cooker and cook on low for 9 hours. If you want to remove the fat, it is easier to remove at the 5-6 hour mark before it starts to shred.
- If you choose to eat pork in a sandwich, assemble in sandwich rolls and enjoy. Serve with cheese or peppers if desired.