This Scary Halloween Pie is a super simple dessert that’s PERFECT for Halloween!! It’s made with just 2 ingredients! A FREE scary pumpkin face printable is included to trace and cut out.
That’s right, this Halloween dessert is made with just two ingredients- refrigerated pie crust and canned cherry pie filling. What’s more, it’s ready in one hour! It’s an easy Halloween dessert.
It’s easier than my Monster Mash Brownies which are not as spooky but, cute.
I know the thought of drawing the pie face free-hand can be scary in itself but, I provide a free scary pumpkin face printable you can use to trace the face. But, don’t be too neat about it because you want the cherry pie filling to ooze out of the eyes and mouth while baking. If it doesn’t, use a spoon and do it yourself.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Scary Halloween Pie
2- refrigerated pie crusts (such as Pillsbury)
2- 21 oz cans of cherry pie filling (affiliate link)
You can substitute two 21 oz cans of strawberry pie filling (affiliate link) if you prefer.
See the the full, printable instructions below in the recipe card.
First, preheat the oven to 350F.
NOTE: The refrigerated pie crust needs to sit on the counter for 10 minutes before unraveling.
Then, press down one of the refrigerated pie crust (as shown below) to a 9 1/2 inch pie plate.
Next, pour the canned cherry pie filling into the pie.
Then, use the printable scary pumpkin face to cut out the face.
Next, place the cut out on the pie and press the top crust rim onto the bottom crust to “close” the pie.
Then, cut the slits in the mouth. This can be done before but, I found it easier to do it while on the pie.
Next, bake at 350F for about 45 minutes. If your pie comes out too clean, spoon some of the pie filling under the eyes and on the mouth.
Click here to get the printable scary face to trace on the pie crust.
This Scary Halloween Pie is so easy to make and bring to work or a Halloween party.
See more Halloween recipes.
Scary Halloween Pie
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 42 oz canned cherry pie filling
- First, preheat oven to 350F.
- Next, line a 9 1/2" with refrigerated pie crust.
- Then, add cherry pie filling to the pie shell and spread out evenly.
- Next, cut out the scary pie face on the second refrigerated pie crust.
- Next, cut small slits into the mouth of the face.
- Then, press the top crust rim onto the bottom crust to "close" the pie.
- Next, bake at 350F for about 45 minutes. You may need to cover the crust with aluminum foil 15 minutes into baking if it browns too quickly. If your pie comes out too clean, spoon some of the pie filling under the eyes and on the mouth. Let cool before serving.