Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup is a flavorful soup made with fresh cherry tomatoes, cream, broth and basil. It’s creamy and delicious. Gluten-free, vegetarian with Vegan option.
Soup, soup, soup! I love homemade soup! A tasty soup warms you up makes you feel good inside! I’m a BIG advocate of making your own soup so you can control the sodium, quality of ingredients and omit the preservatives. It healthier than canned soup and taste much better too.
This delicious tomato soup would be perfect served with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich, Pastrami on Rye (totally delicious!), Turkey BLT or any chicken sandwich.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup tastes so FRESH! It’s very simple to make too. It all starts with vine ripe cherry tomatoes. Garden tomatoes will be spectacular in this recipe but, store bought will be great too.
You’ll add some seasoning, EVOO and then roast them in the oven. Then, you’ll add cream and use an immersion blender or stand up blender to puree it. I like using my immersion blender because it’s easier clean up than using my stand up blender for recipes like this but, you can also use it to make something as common as mashed potatoes.
This soup is super simple and tastes so incredibly good! It’s a great way to use up garden cherry tomatoes.
I discovered this tasty soup while making my Creamy Cherry Tomato Sauce. It was a fantastic discovery too. As a matter of fact, you could roast a whole bunch of cherry tomatoes and use some to make the soup and some for the tomato sauce, which can be frozen for later use.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup
Get the full printable recipe below.
Substitutions and additions
- If you don’t like tomato skin in the soup, use a strainer to remove it before adding the cream.
- Use grape tomatoes if cherry aren’t available.
- Make this recipe vegan by omitting the cream or using a vegan cream substitute.
- Use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth if you prefer.
- Add a quartered, peeled onion to the baking pan and puree it along with the tomatoes.
This soup is perfect to make in September when the temperature is dropping and garden tomatoes (and basil too) are still producing the end of the crop. But, you can buy cherry tomatoes throughout the colder months and still make this yummy soup.
Find more delicious homemade soup recipes.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Soup
- 2 1/4 lbs cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves or 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup vegetable broth, heated or chicken broth
- First, preheat oven to 425F.
- Then, add tomatoes, garlic and oil to a baking dish. Toss to coat tomatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with oil from baking pan to a blender. Add broth, basil, salt, pepper and cream. Blend on low until smooth (30-60 seconds.)