A creamy, pumpkin flavored Alfredo sauce mixed with pasta and flavored with garlic and sage that’s ready in only 20 min is the perfect autumn comfort food! Vegetarian
This yummy recipe is the busy mom’s weeknight go-to dinner because it has few ingredients, is easy and fast to prep and tastes great. Plus, this Pumpkin Alfredo is one way to get your kids to eat nutritious pumpkin. The fresh sage and garlic add a nice bit of flavor to this dish.
Pumpkin Alfredo with Sage
Pasta is my go-to recipe when I don’t have much in the fridge and need to go grocery shopping. Grocery shopping…yuck! I feel like I go grocery shopping way too much! I used Pappardelle pasta for this recipe. I like the flat noodles for this recipe.
This Pumpkin Alfredo with sage recipe is so easy, fast and delicious. It’s wise to keep some canned pumpkin in your pantry in the fall right? Adding canned pumpkin to a tasty Alfredo Sauce makes it more hearty, more nutritious, and more delicious! Oh, that rhymes!
The fresh sage gives it a nice flavor especially when paired with the garlic.
Could you use two cups of heavy cream in this recipe? Yes but, I couldn’t live with myself if I ate all of those calories so I use 1 cup of heavy cream and one cup of whole milk. It’s still creamy with only half the guilt. The pumpkin offsets some of this guilt too. It’s so nutritious and one of the very few times I’m eating pumpkin without sugar. LOL!
Look at that Pumpkin Alfredo! Don’t you just want to dive in? I mean really!
Substitutions & Additions:
- Use egg noodles or fettuccine instead.
- Use pureed Butternut Squash instead of pumpkin.
- Use coconut milk instead of heavy cream and milk to make it Vegan.
- Add cooked chicken or sausage.
- Add a sprig of fresh rosemary instead of sage
Add the ingredients below to your grocery list and make this Pumpkin Alfredo with Sage dish. It only takes 15 min to make (in the time it takes to cook the pasta!) It’s creamy and dreamy and a great Meatless Monday vegetarian fall weeknight meal!
Pumpkin Alfredo with Sage is creamy, easy and delicious comfort food. It's flavored with fresh sage, garlic and Parmesan cheese. The pumpkin adds a layer of nutrition.
- 8 oz Pappardelle pasta or fettuccine
- 8 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 4-5 fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- slat and pepper to taste
First, cook pasta according to package directions with salted water. While noodles are cooking, begin to make Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce.
Meanwhile, in a 4 quart pot, add whipping cream, milk, butter, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sage and nutmeg. Stir on medium heat for a few minutes until thickened.
Next,, remove fresh sage leaves. Add canned pumpkin and continue to stir a few minutes on medium heat until the pumpkin has heated through.
Then, add drained pasta to the pot with sauce and combine. Add additional salt, if needed.
- This recipe has been updated since its original debut. I changed the pasta type, added sage, and more milk.
- The cook time does not count the time it takes to boil the water for the pasta as times vary per stove and whether the pot is covered.
- The pumpkin Alfredo sauce is prepped and cooked in the time it takes to cook the pasta.