This simple and elegant pasta with grape tomatoes dish is made with grape tomatoes and fresh basil. The garlic flavor is amazing. This one pot meal is ready in 15 min with only 5 ingredients! Vegan and low-calorie.
My Italian cousin introduced me to this pasta dish. She emphasized how easy and quick it is to make for a simple weeknight dish.
That’s why I make it as part of my 5-ingredeint vacation meal plan. it’s prefect to make on vacation.
My kids LOVE spaghetti so it’s a dish that pleases the whole family without complaints.
Disclosure: This post may contain Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Pasta with Grape Tomatoes
This pasta dish is simply delicious! Using red ripe grape (or cherry tomatoes) makes it taste the best. You want to use a small sweet tomato for this dish as grape and cherry tomatoes tend to be a more sweet variety of tomato.
You don’t cook the tomatoes in this recipe. If the tomatoes are very ripe, which I highly suggest, they add a lot of flavor to this dish. Plus it’s a great way to use up aging tomatoes in your fridge or to use up garden tomatoes.
Therefore, it’s a wonderful summer dinner.
Making this pasta dish is really as simple as cooking the pasta, heating up olive oil and garlic and adding the halved tomatoes along with fresh basil. How simple is that?
Plus, there’s only one pot to clean! Gotta love that. This recipe uses simple ingredients. It’s nothing complicated and a quick way to get dinner on the table. I suggest serving it with your favorite red wine!
What can I do with too many grape tomatoes?
Add grape tomatoes to salads. You can roast them and add them to pasta. You can also freeze them for later use. I add them to my Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad. I’ll also use them to make Bruschetta with Cream Cheese. They can also be used to make caprese skewers or tortellini skewers.
What is the difference between cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes?
The taste is similar but, the shape is different. Grape tomatoes are long and oval-shaped like a grape, while cherry tomatoes are round like a cherry. They can be similar in size. Both varieties are sweet tomatoes.
- Use fettuccine, linguine, angel hair, vermicelli pasta instead of spaghetti.
- Cherry tomatoes can be used, if you don’t have grape tomatoes.
- Use 1/4 tsp of garlic powder if you don’t have fresh garlic.
You’re gonna love this simple and elegant recipe!
You may also like:
Creamy Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce
See more Italian recipes!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Pasta with Grape Tomatoes
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 16 oz grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice grape tomatoes in half. Mince the garlic.
- Then, when the pasta is cooked and draining in colander, add EVOO to the same pot with minced garlic. Cook garlic for 30 sec on med heat. Do not let the garlic get brown. Remove from heat.
- Next, add drained spaghetti back to the pot with the oil and garlic along with the grape tomatoes and shredded basil. Stir together.