Moms get plagued with having to come up with delicious dinner ideas, day-after-day, month-after-month, year-after-year. When it needs to be delicious, easy and somewhat nutritious, you may start running out of ideas. A nutritious vegetable like cabbage is added to meat and potatoes with one little short cut to save you time. If you have a meat and potatoes kind of husband, he’s sure to love this One Pot Turkey Kielbasa, Red Potato and Fried Cabbage and so will your kids.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission.
So, you’re probably wondering what the short cut is in this recipe. Hmm, you’ll find out below.
This recipe takes about as long as my One Pot Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage and has a similar make up. Both recipes have a type of sausage, starch, and vegetable. Both are one pot all-in-one meals. Pin both! Oh, how I love Pinterest!
My husband loves this hearty One Pot Turkey Kielbasa, Red Potato and Fried Cabbage and yours probably will too.
How to make One Pot Turkey Kielbasa, Red Potato and Fried Cabbage
This delicious recipe only takes about 30 min to cook and 10 min to prep! The full recipe is at the bottom of this post. Of course, you can substitute any kielbasa or even sausage for this recipe.
This One Pot Turkey Kielbasa, Red Potato and Fried Cabbage comfort meal recipe has a protein, starch and vegetable making it a well-rounded meal-in-one! Furthermore, it may be a sneaky way to get your kids to eat cabbage. With only one pot to clean and covering three food groups, you can pat yourself on the back mom and add this to your meal plan rotation.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
One Pot Turkey Kielbasa, Red Potato and Fried Cabbage
- 13 oz Turkey Kielbasa cut into 1/2 inch thickness pieces
- 14 oz Cole Slaw Mix such as Dole
- 2 medium size red potatoes washed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet on med/high heat, add oil and butter to pan.
- Once butter melts, add diced onion and stir. Let onion cook about 2 minutes.
- Add cole slaw mix, stir, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add potatoes, kielbasa, garlic powder, salt and pepper and stir. Cook covered for another 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft.