Last Updated on: 2nd March 2020, 10:13 am
A nice hot bowl of creamy soup is so comforting to eat on a bitter cold day. This One Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder is just the kind of soup that warms you up and makes you stop counting how many days left until spring…at least until the bowl is empty.
This Corn and Crab Chowder soup is so tasty and filling. Add a piece of warm bread and your belly will be so happy! You may want to make a double batch because you’re family will devour it!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same. Clicking on an affiliate link will take you directly to your cart on Amazon.
Aren’t you disappointed when you try a soup recipe that claims to be creamy and it turns out watery? Well that’s not going to happen with this recipe. You can tell by the pictures that this chowder is thick and creamy. It is so hearty!
How to Make One Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder
*The full recipe is at the bottom of this post.
First, in a large non-stick stock pot on med/high heat, add butter, onion, carrots, bay leaf, minced garlic, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for about five minutes.
Next, stir in flour. It will look pasty which, is fine.
Then, start adding chicken stock a little at a time while constantly stirring. Finish adding the chicken stock.
Then, stir in potatoes and corn. Cook for about 15 min on med/high heat.
Next, stir in half and half and whole milk.
Last, add chopped chicken (or poached chicken see recipe below) and cook for 20 more minutes or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. Add salt to taste.
This soup is perfect to make with leftover chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken. If you have leftover ham, make this yummy One Pot Ham, Potato and Corn Chowder.
- You may substitute heavy cream for both the half and half and milk. It will taste even better but, it will be loaded with extra fat and calories. I’ve found a mixture of half and half and milk does just fine. You decide.
- Use chopped turkey instead of chicken.
- If you don’t have carrots, omit them or add celery instead.
- Use vegetable, turkey or ham stock instead of chicken stock.
Easy Slow Cooker Instructions:
Add all ingredients (see recipe details at the bottom of this post) to a slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours. Stir well.
How to Poach a Chicken Breast:
Add one large chicken breast to a small pot of water. Boil for 15 min or until no longer pink inside, remove fat if you so desire, cut up and add to recipe. EASY!
Cream-based soups are so comforting. One Pot Crab and Corn Chowder is just as tasty as this Chicken Corn Chowder and a great recipe for Lent. Homemade soups are worth the effort in my opinion. The taste is unparalleled.
A creamy, tasty One Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder is perfect on cold winter days when you need something to warm you up! It’s so filling you won’t need an afternoon snack after lunch. This recipe is so easy to make, you’ll think twice about buying canned soup again.
I took this recipe to Meal Plan Monday.
One Pot Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 cup half and half creamer
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 29 oz whole kernel corn 2- 14.5 oz cans
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp butter
- In a large stock pot on med/high heat, add butter, onion, carrots, bay leaf, minced garlic, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for about five minutes.
- Stir in flour. It will look pasty which, is fine.
- Start adding chicken stock a little at a time while constantly stirring. Finish adding the chicken stock.
- Stir in potatoes and corn. Cook for about 15 min on med/high heat.
- Stir in the half and half and whole milk.
- Add chopped chicken. and cook for 20 more minutes or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork. Add salt to taste.