Delicious Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner is absolutely delicious and gluten free! One pan dinners are great for weeknight dinners. What mom isn’t all about easy clean up? Potatoes are the perfect addition to Italian sausage, peppers and onions! Oh my… Is your mouth watering yet?
My favorite childhood dinner was a similar recipe to this. My mom, who was the best cook in the world, made me fried Italian sausage, potatoes and cherry peppers. I loved it! I miss her cooking so much. R.I.P. This is a healthier version but, just as tasty!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Italian sausage has such a great flavor! My absolute favorite childhood meal that my mom made was fried Italian sausage, potatoes and peppers. She was such a great cook and I’m not just saying that because she’s my mom.
This one pot recipe reminds me of that meal. It’s a great combination of flavors and it can be made stove top too. I just love dinner recipes that are easy to assemble and clean up and I’m sure you do too.
Italian Sausage and Potato Bake
I always have Italian Sausage in my freezer because I like having it on hand so I can make recipes like, Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti.
This is a no-fail delicious dinner that is perfect for beginner cooks because it needs little seasoning. The Italian sausage is already perfectly seasoned and very flavorful. This recipe is really hard to screw up. Just try not to burn it (LOL) and you’ll have a perfect dinner.
What’s also great about this dish is you can make it without the peppers and onions and it’ll still be fantastic!
How to Make Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
This recipe is so simple and your family is sure to devour it!
- First, cut the sausage into one inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Second, prep the vegetables. Clean one each red and green bell peppers removing membranes and seeds, cut into one inch squared pieces. Cut a large onion into one inch cubes. Using a sharp potato peeler, peel two large potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. If you cut them bigger than 1 inch, they will take longer to cook. So, I guess it just depends how long you want to wait.
- Third, spray with cooking spray the inside of a large baking dish. Put all ingredients inside along with 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp of McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Grill. I use McCormick Grill Mates to season hamburgers, grilled steak and chicken and meatloaf. I always have it in my seasonings rack…always!
4. Then, stir the ingredients so the meat and veggies are coated with the seasoning and oil. Note: I’m talking to your thighs here: You could add butter to this recipe and it would taste really good but, if you’re worried about your thighs, like me don’t do it!
5. Last, place the baking pan in the oven on 400F for 40 min or until the potatoes are golden and the sausage is no longer pink inside.
If you don’t have potatoes, make this dish without them. Just serve the sausage, peppers and onions on sandwich rolls which, makes for great game day food!This Italian Sausage and Potato Bake is a filling, gluten-free meal your family will love. My kids love sausage. Add this tasty one pan meal to your dinner rotation.
More Recipes from No Plate Like Home:..
Spicy Jambalaya anyone? One Pot Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage recipe! It is a little spicy and full of flavor. You can substitute cooked chicken for the shrimp if you prefer.
This Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti is hearty meal with ground sausage, sauteed spinach, grape tomatoes using olive oil and garlic. It too is a one pot meal ready in only 25 min!
Make this delicious, hearty and EASY Sausage Peppers Onions and Potatoes dinner in only one pan with little prep! it's a family friend meal. Gluten-free
- 1 1/2 lb Italian Sausage cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 bell peppers green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cleaned cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion cut into thin 1/2 inch wide slices
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Onion
Preheat oven to 400F
Spray the inside of a large baking pan with cooking spray. Put all ingredients in the baking pan and mix together so the olive oil and seasoning coats the sausage, potatoes, onions and peppers.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 min or until the potatoes are golden brown and sausage is cooked through.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.