One pan dinners are great for weeknight dinners. This particular recipe is similar to my Italian Sausage and Potatoes in Oven except it has bell peppers and onions in it with a little different seasoning.
What mom isn’t all about easy clean up? Potatoes are the perfect addition to Italian sausage, peppers and onions! Oh my… Is your mouth watering yet? I know you are going to love it!
Italian Sausage Recipes without Pasta
My favorite childhood dinner was a similar recipe to this. My mom, who was the best cook in the world, made me fried Italian sausage, potatoes and cherry peppers. I loved it! I miss her cooking so much. R.I.P. This is a healthier version but, just as tasty!
Disclaimer: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Italian sausage has such a great flavor because it’s already seasoned! It’s a great beginner cook ingredient.
My absolute favorite childhood meal that my mom made was fried Italian sausage, potatoes and peppers. She was such a great cook and I’m not just saying that because she’s my mom.
This one pot recipe reminds me of that meal. It’s a great combination of flavors and it can be made stove top too. I just love dinner recipes that are easy to assemble and clean up and I’m sure you do too.
Italian Sausage and Potato Bake
I always have Italian Sausage in my freezer because I like having it on hand so I can make recipes like, Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti.
This is a no-fail delicious dinner that is perfect for beginner cooks because it needs little seasoning. The Italian sausage is already perfectly seasoned and very flavorful. This recipe is really hard to screw up. Just try not to burn it (LOL) and you’ll have a perfect dinner.
What’s also great about this dish is you can make it without the peppers and onions and it’ll still be fantastic!
How to Make Italian Sausage, Potatoes, Peppers, & Onions Sheet Pan Dinner
This recipe is so simple and your family is sure to devour it!
- First, cut the sausage into one inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Second, prep the vegetables. Clean one each red and green bell peppers removing membranes and seeds, cut into one inch squared pieces. Cut a large onion into one inch cubes. Using a ” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”>McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Grill. I use McCormick Grill Mates to season hamburgers, grilled steak and chicken and meatloaf. I always have it in my seasonings rack…always!
4. Then, stir the ingredients so the meat and veggies are coated with the seasoning and oil. Note: I’m talking to your thighs here: You could add butter to this recipe and it would taste really good but, if you’re worried about your thighs, like me don’t do it!
More Recipes from No Plate Like Home:..
Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti
This Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti is hearty meal with ground sausage, sauteed spinach, grape tomatoes using olive oil and garlic. It too is a one pot meal ready in only 25 min!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
One Pan Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potatoes
- 1 lb Italian Sausage cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 large potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 bell peppers green, red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cleaned cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion cut into thin 1/2 inch wide slices or 1 medium onion
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste
- 1 tsp McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic and Herb
- First, preheat oven to 400F
- Next, spray the inside of a large baking pan with cooking spray. Put all ingredients in the baking pan and mix together so the olive oil and seasoning coats the sausage, potatoes, onions and peppers.
- Last, bake in preheated oven for 40 min or until the potatoes are golden brown and sausage is cooked through.