Make a delicious, budget-friendly family dinner with two wonderful flavor combinations with this One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes. It’s a marinated and baked chicken dinner your whole family will love.
Flavorful, juicy chicken thighs and roasted potatoes are a great dinner combo. It’s a nice Sunday dinner to prepare when you are home and have some time to prepare ahead. My family just loves the moist chicken and crispy potato edges. This delicious One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes dinner is an easy and affordable way to feed your family.
This delicious recipe is made with a balsamic chicken marinade that includes: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary, lemon and garlic. !
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission.
One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes
It’s a great tasting frugal dinner! Chicken thighs are one of the cheapest meats you can buy.
9 Ways to Save Big on Buying Meat
What makes this chicken and potato dinner so good is the balsamic chicken marinade and in particular the fresh rosemary and garlic. If you don’t have fresh rosemary, which I highly recommend using, you can use the dried but, put more in. How old are your spices? If it’s been years, it’s time to replace them. Spices lose flavor over time. Pitch them.
Also, if you can marinate the chicken for two or three hours, that will give it even more flavor. It doesn’t take long to make this flavorful balsamic chicken marinade.
How to Make One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes
This recipe is easy-to-make because once you are done prepping the balsamic chicken marinade and unpeeled potatoes, you are ready to bake! The marinade only takes minutes to prepare as do the potatoes. The full recipe is at the end of this post.
How to Make Balsamic Chicken Marinade
The marinade is extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary and garlic and Kosher salt. The Kosher salt gives the meat a really nice flavor so try to use that instead of table salt. I also use a good EVOO. You want olive oil to be a rich, dark green color as that has the most flavor.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt or 3/4 tsp of table salt
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- Add all ingredients plus 6 chicken thighs into a 1 gallon zipper plastic storage bag and close tightly. Knead the bag so the marinade coats all of the chicken. Put the bag in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours.
Prepping the potatoes only takes washing them off, cutting them into small cubes and stirring them together with more EVOO, fresh rosemary, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
After chicken as marinated for one hour, take out of fridge but, leave in bag and let it come closer to room temperature while you are prepping the potatoes. Bake the chicken and potatoes in a 13″x9″x3″ baking dish in a 400F oven for about 45 min.
Our family loves delicious Sunday dinners! My husband and I both grew up with family Sunday dinners. It’s time we look forward to spending with one another. When you are home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, this One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Lemon Potatoes is a flavorful, easy-to-make, frugal dinner with easy clean up. The flavor of this chicken is unforgettable.
Other Chicken Recipes You May Like:
Grilled Lemon Rosemary Chicken
Puff Pastry Pesto Chicken Bites Appetizer
One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Red Potatoes
Chicken with Marinade
- 6 chicken thighs about 2-3 lbs
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
Lemon Rosemary Red Potatoes
- 4 or 5 medium red potatoes unpeeled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all marinade ingredients and chicken to a one-gallon zipper plastic bag and seal the bag. Knead the bag a little. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours (3 preferably.)
- When the chicken is done marinating, remove it from refrigerator, drain and discard the marinade. Spray a 13"'x 9"x 3" roasting pan with cooking spray. Add drained chicken to the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Peel and cube potatoes into 1 1/2". Place all Lemon Rosemary Red Potato ingredients in a large bowl and coat the potatoes with seasonings and oil. Place the potatoes next to the chicken thighs.
- Bake in 400F oven for 45 min or until the chicken thighs are not pink when cut next to the bone and juices from clear. Check potatoes with a fork to ensure they are soft.
Actually no. The lemon juice is only supposed to go in the potatoes in this recipe. I made an error mentioning it in the chicken marinade instead of the potatoes in the body of the post. The recipe at the bottom is correct. I fixed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
If you added some lemon juice in with the marinade ingredients, it should still be good.
Let me know how it turns out.
Is there supposed to be lemon in the chicken marinade as well?
Hope you’ll come back and let me know how it turned out. I am particularly fond of these photos.
Smiling Notes says
I love one pan recipes and your recipe looks fabulous! Saving this so that I can make it this weekend 🙂
LOL! Yes. This marinade is so good. I made it last night with skinless boneless chicken breast.
Haha! KFC watch out.
This look fingerlicking good!
Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats says
Winner, winner chicken dinner! Hahaha sorry….I just couldn’t help myself! This dish looks so yummy and I love the one pan! Perfect for those busy weeknights when you need to get dinner on the table 🙂 XOXO
Please add it! Thanks for your nice comments.
Jhuls | The Not So Creative Cook says
I could add this recipe to my Whole30 collection. No doubt that this dish tastes absolutely delicious!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Fiesta Friday party!