Flavorful, juicy chicken thighs and roasted potatoes are a great dinner combo. It’s a nice Sunday dinner to prepare when you are home and have some time to prepare ahead. My family just loves the moist chicken and crispy potato edges. Marinating the chicken in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh rosemary, lemon and garlic make it yummy! This delicious One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes dinner is an easy, delicious and affordable way to feed your family. It’s always nice to save money when feeding your family.
What makes this chicken and potato dinner so good is the marinade and in particular the fresh rosemary and garlic. If you don’t have fresh rosemary, which I highly recommend using, you can use the dried but, put more in. How old are your spices? If it’s been years, it’s time to replace them. Spices lose flavor over time. Pitch them.
Also, if you can marinate the chicken for two or three hours, that will give it even more flavor. It doesn’t take long to make the marinade.
How to Make One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes
This recipe is easy-to-make because once you are done prepping the chicken marinade and unpeeled potatoes, you are ready to bake! The marinade only takes minutes to prepare as do the potatoes. The full recipe is at the end of this post.
The marinade is extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh rosemary and garlic and Kosher salt. The Kosher salt gives the meat a really nice flavor so try to use that instead of table salt. I also use a good EVOO. You want olive oil to be a rich, dark green color as that has the most flavor.
After you’ve made the marinade and place in a one gallon zipper plastic bag along with chicken thighs. Be sure to knead the bag so the marinade evenly coats the chicken. Let it marinate for 1 hour in your refrigerator.
Prepping the potatoes only takes washing them off, cutting them into small cubes and stirring them together with more EVOO, fresh rosemary, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
After chicken as marinated for one hour, take out of fridge but, leave in bag and let it come closer to room temperature while you are prepping the potatoes. Bake the chicken and potatoes in a 13″x9″x3″ baking dish in a 400F oven for about 45 min.
Our family loves delicious Sunday dinners! My husband and I both grew up with family Sunday dinners. It’s time we look forward to spending with one another. When you are home on a rainy Sunday afternoon, this One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Lemon Potatoes is a flavorful, easy-to-make, dinner with easy clean up. The flavor of this chicken is unforgettable.
Subscribe to No Plate Like Home
More from No Plate Like Home:
One of our most popular recipes! One Pot Jambalaya with Shrimp and Andouille Sausage
Our most popular recipe! One Pot Ham Potato and Bean Soup
Another reader favorite! Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti
One Pan Rosemary and Balsamic Chicken Thighs and Lemon Potatoes
- 6 chicken thighs (about 2-3 lbs)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 or 5 medium red potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all marinade ingredients to a one gallon zipper plastic bag (such as Ziploc) Stir it a bit to mix ingredients. Add chicken thighs and seal bag. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours (3 preferably.)
- When the chicken is done marinating, remove it from refrigerator and drain the marinade. Discard marinade. If you add the chicken to the roasting pan with the marinade, it will get greasy when the fat from the chicken skin mixes with the olive oil. You may like that, you may not. It will taste yummy either way. Spray a 13"'x 9"x 3" roasting pan with cooking spray. Add drained chicken to the pan.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut rinsed potatoes into 1 1/2" cubes. Place all Lemon Rosemary Red Potato ingredients in a large bowl. and coat the potatoes with seasonings and oil. Add the potatoes to the roasting next to chicken thighs.
- Bake in 400F oven for 45 min or until the chicken thighs are not pink when cut next to the bone and juices from clear. Check potatoes with a fork to ensure they are soft.
The marinating time is not calculated into the prep time as that can vary and it is still time.