This adorable Cupcake Liner Wreath craft using cupcake liners is not only cheap, cute, and easy-to-make, it can be reused! In about an hour or so, you can make this Cupcake Liner Wreath in any number of your choice for an upcoming birthday party for only a few dollars!
I made this colorful DIY Cupcake Liner wreath for our son’s Ninja Turtle Party and made this Ninja Turtle Fondant Cake too.
Because the cupcake liners are attached to a foam board instead of poster board, it will hang without drooping and hold up for the next party. Our 4 yr old will be turning 5 in what seems to be much sooner than than this mommy would like. I can use this number 5 Cupcake Liner Number wreath for his party too.
If your 14 year old will be turning 15 soon, save the “5” from your 5 year old’s party and add a “1” in front of it or add a “0” at the end of a “3” to make a “30.” Re-purposing saves time and money!
Supplies for How to Make a Cupcake Liner Wreath:
- Foam Board ($4)
- Xacto knife ($4)
- Measuring tape or ruler (check your school supplies or hubby’s tools)
- 150 rainblow cupcake liners ($3)
- tape (double sided is easiest) ($1)
Instructions for How to Make a Cupcake Liner Wreath:
- Using a pencil, measure the number with 4 inches width. Use dots while measuring the number and connect the dots to draw the number.
- Use the Xacto knife to carefully cut out the number. If you don’t get an exact cut, it’s o.k. because the cupcake liners will cover the imperfections.
How to make a Cupcake Liner Wreath
3. Decide how many cupcake liner colors you want to use and arrange them into a sequence so you can quickly grab which color comes next. i.e. blue, purple, yellow orange, red, blue purple, yellow, orange. This will save time. Your kids can help with this part.
4. Make a tape loop or use double sided tape. Turn cupcake line inside out so the colored side is facing up. Put the tape on the uncolored side of the cupcake liner and attach to the foam board. Repeat this step using the pattern you’ve chosen. Note: Be sure to place the cupcake liners near each other so they look full. Place them as close or further apart as you like but, be consistent throughout.
Store this Cupcake Liner Number in a trash bag or similar plastic bag so that it doesn’t get dusty and discolored.
Hang this Cupcake Liner Wreath on your front door, interior wall or above the cake display.
This inexpensive, colorful DIY Cupcake Liner Wreath is easy-to-make and comes together quite easily. It is a fun craft to make with your kids and can be saved for another birthday party, like 15 or 35. Don’t spend a small fortune at the party store when you can make a sturdier one yourself for a fraction of the retail price!