This garlicky Italian Linguine in White Clam Sauce is ready in 15 minutes and is an easy and tasty weeknight dinner you can make with just 6 ingredients!
This is a quick and easy pasta recipe, like my Easy Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine, that’s perfect for a four-course Italian dinner or a quick weeknight dinner when you have little time to cook.
It’s a nice meatless recipe for Lent that won’t cost you a bundle. The price of meat lately is high too. It’s good to be able to take something out of your cupboard and make a tasty dish with it.
What I like the most about this dish is its simplicity and quickness to prepare. Cooking the pasta perfectly adds more to the dish too.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Linguine in White Clam Sauce
Use good quality chopped or minced clams in clam juice. The better the quality, the better it will be. Also, use the best extra virgin olive oil you can get. It adds so much flavor to a simple dish like linguine and clams.
Also, don’t skimp on the garlic! It too adds the right amount of flavor.
Fresh parsley is way better than dried in this recipe so, try to use fresh if you can.
ALWAYS use good quality extra virgin olive oil. It makes a big difference in flavor in any recipes but, especially in Italian recipes.
As I mentioned above, this recipe is great for when you need an easy pasta course because your focusing on other items on your Sunday dinner menu like dessert- Lemon Cheesecake sound good?
What wine goes best with linguine and white clam sauce?
If you’re using dry white wine to make this recipe, drink it with the pasta too. Pinot Grigio will go well with it but, a Chardonnay will pair well too.
Can you use the liquid from canned clams?
Yes. You certainly can use the liquid from the canned clams. It’s well flavored with clams so, don’t toss it.
Keep good quality canned minced (or chopped) clams in your pantry (and EVOO too) and add this recipe to your dinner rotation for when you need an easy, weeknight dinner.
You may also like:
See more Fish and Seafood recipes
See more PASTA recipes.
See more ITALIAN recipes
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Linguine in White Clam Sauce
- First, cook pasta according to package directions. I suggest 9 min for al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sauce pan, add oil (1/4 cup) and garlic (4 cloves minced) and cook on med/high heat for about 30 seconds. Don't allow garlic to get brown but do allow the garlic aroma to season the oil.
- Then, quickly add in the lemon juice ((1 tsp) and dry white wine (1/4 cup) if using.
- Next, add the minced clams with juice (13 oz), cover and cook for 5 minutes on high heat or until clams are hot.
- Then, add drained cook pasta back to the pot it was cooked in and add the clam sauce, and fresh parsley to the pasta. Salt and pepper to taste and stir until combined.