Put a new twist on a classic mojito with Limoncello lemon liqueur. This cocktail is FABULOUS and super simple to make!
What could make a mint mojito taste even better? Limoncello of course. The Italian lemon liqueur adds so much flavor to to a mojito and it’s enhanced with fresh mint leaves. See more of my Limoncello cocktails below.
Fresh mint is so fragrant and adds a wonderful fresh taste to cocktails.
Last summer, I planted ONE mint plant on the side of my house. I now have more mint that I could ever know what to do with! Good to know…right?
I love adding fresh mint to my Watermelon Pineapple Mojitos, Moscow Mules and iced tea.
This is a very refreshing summer cocktail but, you can drink it any time of year of course. You’ll love it so much, you’ll share this cocktail recipe with your friends for sure!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Doesn’t this drink look refreshing? The first time I made it, I was impressed!
You’ll need only a few ingredients to make this delicious mojito cocktail.
- white rum
- simple syrup
- fresh mint leaves
First, I make the simple syrup. You can buy simple syrup if you prefer. A simple syrup is just equal parts hot water and white granulated sugar. Stir it until the sugar dissolves.
What’s great about making your own cocktails at home is that you can control the sugar and alcohol. Make them as sweet (or not) as you like. Make them as strong (or not) as you like.
After I make the simple syrup, I muddle the mint in the the glass in which I’ll be serving the cocktail. Then, I add crushed ice, rum, Limoncello, simple syrup and lime juice. Stir and garnish!
This is the muddler I use:
This Limoncello Mojito is so simple to make and TASTES SO GOOD! Fresh mint adds so much flavor! This is a perfect cocktail and very refreshing in the summer.
Make this cocktail for your friends. They’ll love it!
You may also like:
See more delicious COCKTAILS!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 oz white rum
- 1 oz Limoncello lemon liqueur
- 1/2 tsp lime juice or juice of one lime wedge
- 1 lime slice optional for garnish
- First, place water and sugar in a microwave safe bowl and set on high for 10 seconds. Stir until sugar dissolves. You can also make simple syrup on the stove top with a small sauce pan.
- Then, put fresh mint leaves in a 12 oz or larger cup and muddle them to squeeze juice out.
- Next , fill the same cup with with ice.
- Next, add lime juice, rum, limoncello and simple syrup. Stir well and garnish with a lime slice and some fresh mint leaves.