Kentucky Derby Pie Bars are cookie-like bars made with pecans and chocolate chips similar to Kentucky Derby Pie except they’re made with brown sugar but, not overly sweet. This finger dessert everyone will want to take a bite into.
These Kentucky Derby Pie Bars are obviously perfect to eat while watching the Kentucky Derby in your big, beautiful fascinator hat but, they’re also great to eat at Thanksgiving. They taste even better the second day.
Serve these bars with vanilla ice cream! Drizzle some caramel sauce on top too! They’re so yummy!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you may a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Kentucky Derby Pie Bars
It only takes a few minutes to make the batter for these Kentucky Derby Pie Bars. It’ll take longer to pick your favorite horse to win the race.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 dashes of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 -9″ refrigerated pie crust
The full, printable instructions are in the recipe card below.
First, mix the flour and sugar.
Then, add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
Next, mix in the pecans and chocolate chops.
Then, put the refrigerated pie crust in an 8″ x 8″x 3″ baking dish and pour the batter into it. Spread evenly and bake at 325F for 50 minutes. Insert toothpick in the center and if it’s come out clean, it’s done.
As I mentioned above, these bars would be over the top served with vanilla ice cream! Add caramel sauce and whipped cream and what a delicious dessert.
Substitutions or Additions
- Use a graham cracker cookie crust
- Add a 1/3 cup of sweetened coconut flakes to the batter.
- Use milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Add a 1/4 cup of your favorite bourbon.
- Use white sugar instead of brown sugar.
These Kentucky Derby Pie Bars are a great make-ahead, delicious finger dessert for Kentucky Derby parties. With quick and easy prep, you’ll want to make this recipe for Thanksgiving too!
You may also like:
See more Desserts.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Kentucky Derby Pie Bars
- First, preheat oven to 325F.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, add flour (1 cup) and sugar (1 cup) and mix.
- Then, add melted butter (1/2 cup), eggs (2,) vanilla (2 tsp) and salt (2 dashes) and mix until combined.
- Next, add pecans (1 cup) and chocolate chips (1 cup) and mix.
- Then, line an 8" x 8"x 3" baking dish with the refrigerated pie crust.
- Then, pour the mixture into the pie crust and spread it evenly. Bake at 325F for 50 minutes. Insert toothpick in the center and if it's come out clean, it's done. Let cool before cutting.