Last Updated on: 26th September 2023, 09:17 am
Italian Sausage, Porcini Mushrooms with Smoked Gouda cheese is a simple Italian dish that’s not only delicious but, easy to make for busy weeknights with few ingredients. It’s low-carb and gluten-free.
I had this tasty dish when I was in Italy this summer. My cousin made it for dinner with Porcini mushrooms that her husband foraged in the nearby mountains. Plus, the meat was so fresh, which makes a big difference in taste. Oh, how I miss that vacation!
It was so delicious that I knew I had to share it with my readers, especially because it’s so quick and easy! You only need a few ingredients to make it. Check out my 6 Ingredient dishes.
Porcini mushrooms sauteed in olive oil and garlic are really good and pair up well with the sausage. The smoked gouda cheese adds the wow factor to this simple dish.
I don’t know about you but, Italian sausage is one of my absolute favorite meats. It’s so flavorful and delicious on it’s own. I always keep it on hand in my freezer so I can defrost and make a great-tasting dinner quickly.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Italian Sausage, Porcini Mushrooms with Smoked Gouda
You’ll soak the dried mushrooms for about five minutes or until they become soft.
Use hot Italian sausage if you prefer it over the sweet.
First, you’ll make the Italian sausage. You can cook the sausage on your grill, oven or air fryer. I prefer the grill for this recipe because of the added flavor of grilling.
Then, cut the sausage links in half lengthwise as shown below.
Then, add oil and garlic to a small frying pan and saute the mushrooms.
Next, put the cooked mushrooms on top of the sausage.
Then, put smoked gouda cheese slices on top of the mushrooms as shown below.
Next, melt the cheese by placing them in the oven or air fryer.
Doesn’t it look amazing? There’s so much flavor.
Of course you can make yummy sandwiches with this recipe too! Imagine this grilled sausage, Porcini mushrooms and melted smoked gouda cheese on a crusty Italian roll! Wow, are you drooling yet?
It’s also great to serve as an alternative meat dish when you need one. Sometimes, you need more than one meat or main dish. Right? Why not make the second as easy as possible?
This low-carb, gluten-free dinner is a great choice for busy weeknights. Let your taste buds dance with this delicious Italian Sausage, Porcini Mushrooms and Smoked Gouda Cheese dish.
You may also like:
See more ITALIAN recipes.
Italian Sausage, Porcini Mushrooms with Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 5 sweet Italian sausage links 1 lb
- 1 1/4 cup dried Porcini mushrooms
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese (5 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, grill sausage (5 links or 1 lb) on an outdoor grill (15 minutes at 400F,) conventional oven (about 30 minutes at 375F) or air fryer (about 25 min at 375F.)
- Meanwhile, put dried mushrooms (1 1/4 cups) in a bowl with water (1 1/2 cups) and wait five minutes or until they soften. Drain mushrooms and discard water.
- Then, add oil (3 TBSP) to a small sauce pan with garlic (2 cloves). On med/high heat, cook garlic for about one minute and then add drained mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next, cut cooked sausage lengthwise, spoon cooked mushrooms on top of sausage.
- Then, top sausage with smoked gouda cheese slices and melt cheese in oven for 4-5 min or until melted.