Easter Deviled Eggs Peeps are cute and fitting appetizers for your Easter brunch! They’re not only a great addition to your Easter table, they’re low-carb and gluten-free!
Easter Appetizer Recipes
You can make these easily make this recipe in about 35 minutes with tutorial on How to Make Easter Deviled Eggs Peeps below.
The recipe I used to make the Easter Deviled Egg Peeps is my Southern Deviled Eggs with Relish recipe. This is great way to use of leftover hard boiled eggs you dyed from Easter.
I love that the peeps look like they’re hatching! And, if you make a mistake- like a crack in the egg white, it just blends in with the egg hatching theme. Yay!
What’s also great about this cute little deviled egg recipe is that you probably already have all of the ingredients on hand! So, you will likely not need to run out to the store to buy ingredients. Eggs are a refrigerator staple in the majority of households and synonymous with Easter!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission which helps with blog expenses so you can continue to receive FREE recipes but, the price you pay is the same.
Let’s get started!
How to Make Easter Deviled Eggs Peeps the Easy Way
Total time: about 35 min
Makes: 12 Easter Deviled Eggs Peeps
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/8 tsp ground paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2-3 baby carrots (for peep beaks and feet)
- 1 black olive (for peep eyes)
- First, boil 6 eggs for 6-10 minutes. Or use this cool egg timer and take the guess work out of it! It’s on Amazon for cheap!Peel and let cool.
- Meanwhile, make the peeps’ eyes, beaks, and feet. To make carrot feet: Cut 2-3 baby carrots into 1/8 inch thickness and cut a “v”. Repeat until you have 24 feet. Set aside the “v” carrot cuts to use for the beaks.
- Next, to make eyes: Cut black sliced olives into 1/8 square pieces. Make 24 eyes.
- Next, cut the bottoms of the eggs so they’re flat.
- Take a sharp knife and lightly cut a “v” into one hard boiled egg about 2/3 of the way down from the top of the egg. Repeat the “v”cut around the egg. Remove the cooked egg yolk and put in a separate bowl.
- Next, using a fork, mash down the egg yolks until they are fine crumbs.
- Then, add 1/2 cup of mayo, 1 tsp ground mustard, 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish, 1/8 tsp ground paprika and 1/8 tsp of salt to the mashed egg yolks.
- Then, scoop about two tablespoons of the egg mixture and gently put into each of the cooked egg white bottoms.
- Next add the black olive eyes and carrot beaks.
- Last, add two carrot feet to each filled egg.
Deviled Egg Peeps will look great next to another easy-to-make low-carb and gluten-free appetizer: Sausage & Mushroom Frittata Bites!
I just love deviled eggs. In fact, I love them so much I created a Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad too. It’s another great addition to your summer BBQ buffet table!
See more Easter recipes.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck!