This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MSFBurgerBar #CollectiveBias
I’ll show you How to Make a Simple DIY Classic Burger Bar at Home with a simple burger party menu! It’ll be quick and easy so you can have fun too without stressing over party details. Plus, it’ll be budget friendly.
When you’re throwing a party, you want it to be fun for your guests but, easy on you. I’ll show you how. Plus, I’ll show you how to host a “better for you” burger bar with MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers burger.
But first, let’s talk burgers. For me, the traditional classic American burger is the best way to eat a burger. Not that I have anything against Blue Cheese Burgers, Mushroom Swiss Burgers or any other type but, my number one way to eat it is with cheese, tomato, onion, lettuce, ketchup, and mayo.
Look below for the featured classic burger printable recipe and the (my) “correct way” to stack a burger!
Click on the photo below to purchase.
How to Make a Simple DIY Classic Burger Bar at Home!
It’s so easy to make this Classic Burger Bar at home. I’ll show you!
Burger Party Decorations
I bought all of the decorations and food I needed at my local Walmart.
- I bought a red and white checkered outdoor reusable tablecloth for a few dollars. It is a staple for outdoor picnics and symbol for the classic picnic.
- I used red plastic baskets for guests to put their burgers, potato chips, and pickles.
- I bought classic diner red and yellow squirt bottles for the ketchup.
- I bought a galvanized utensil caddy to match a galvanized bucket I had at home. It’s multi-use and perfect for parties.
- I wrote the Burger Bar Menu on a blackboard with chalk.
6. I made the “Burger Bar” flags at home online. I printed them and hung them on the tablecloth with twine and tape. You can string it above the table instead if you have a wall behind it. I have flags for you too. You can download the FREE printable here. It includes simple instructions.
Burger Bar Menu
- MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Burger – They’re not just for vegetarians and packed with protein! Find them in the frozen food aisle at Walmart!
- Cheddar cheese slices…can’t forget the cheese!
- Hamburger buns
Burger Toppings Ideas
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Onion slices
- Sliced pickles
- Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise – It is made with real, simple ingredients. It’s my favorite mayo!
- Hellmann’s® Ketchup – Wow! Made with real, simple ingredients. Sweetened only with honey & no high fructose corn syrup.
- Hellmann’s® Spicy Dipping Sauce – NEW and delicious! It’s not made with High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Burger Bar Sides
Snacks and Munchies
- Cheez-It Snap’d Double Cheese flavor because they’re cheesy, thin and crispy to snack on anytime.
- Potato Chips
Popsicle® Fruit Pops
Popsicle® Fruit Pops Sicle Stacker Banana, Orange, Strawberry – They’re made with real fruit and 5 simple ingredients: Water, Real Fruit, Real Cane Sugar, Vitamin C, Natural Flavor. They’re a refreshing warm weather treat!
Iced Tea and Pink Lemonade – Perfect choices for a classic burger bar menu.
This burger bar menu is inclusive yet simple! It covers everything from snacks to dessert and won’t break the bank either!
That’s it! Doesn’t that sound easy? Well, guess what?…
The Burger Bar Truck is Coming to Walmart!
The Burger Bar Truck will be visiting towns around the country! Go over to Burger Bar.com to find a truck near you and find inspiration for more delicious recipes.
The recipe I provide at the bottom of this post for a Classic Burger is the SAME ONE from the Burger Bar Truck. Shop at Walmart to bring the Burger Bar home to personalize it!
Go out to Walmart and pick up what you need to make this delicious DIY Classic Burger Bar at Home! Everything you need is waiting for you in one store at good prices, Walmart! In no time, you’ll be ready to host your friends to a fun, outdoor Burger Bar Party. They’ll be impressed with your hosting skills and you’ll have a fun time hosting an easy get-together!
“Correct Way” to Layer a Classic Burger:
Note: This is my professional “burger-loving” opinion and in no way a fact. LOL!
- bottom bun
- Hellmann’s® Mayonnaise
- sliced tomato
- sliced onions
- sliced pickles (pickle juice adds some flavor to the ketchup)
- Hellmann’s® Ketchup
- top bun
- When the onions are next to the burger, they add extra flavor and act as a barrier for the lettuce so it doesn’t wilt next to the hot hamburger.
- The lettuce will stay cool in between the onion slices and the tomato slices.
- Tomato slices must be next to the mayo because they simply go together like peanut butter and jelly. Ever hear of tomato sandwiches? I rest my case.
I have it down to a science. For me, there’s only one way to make a classic burger. There’s no debate. If you need mustard, it goes next to the ketchup.
I’m getting so hungry just writing this! You’ll have a mouthwatering burger!
The Classic Burger
- 1 MorningStar Farms® Meat Lovers Vegan Burger
- 1 oz (slice) cheddar cheese
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 slice onion
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 hamburger bun, split
- 1 tbsp Hellmann’s® Real Ketchup Sweetened Only with Honey, Hellmann’s® Real Mayonnaise
- 1. Prepare burger according to package directions. Add cheese slice to the burger. Continue cooking just until cheese starts to melt.
- 2. Place lettuce, onion, and tomato on bun bottom. Top with burger and ketchup. Add bun top.