Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots
Add this to your holiday side dishes this year. This roasted carrots recipe tastes fresh and flavorful in addition to being easy-to-make. What I like most about it is that it’s not too sweet. But, if you want to add more honey, go right ahead.
This is a healthy side dish for any occasion! When you’re sitting at the holiday table surrounded with starches like potatoes, stuffing/dressing, corn, peas, rolls, etc., it’s nice to have carrots to balance it out a bit.
Beta-carotene is good for you and you won’t have to feel guilty eating this dish. Appease your gluten-free (and possibly Vegan if they consider honey Vegan) family or friends with this delicious roasted carrots recipe!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission which helps with blog expenses but, the price you pay is the same.
Don’t you like fresh ginger? You’ll find recipes on this blog containing fresh ginger like- Lemon Ginger Cranberry Relish + Video (your turkey needs this I’m telling you!) and Easy Apricot Ginger Steakhouse Pork Chops in 30 min!
I like using honey as a natural sweetener. You’ll find recipes with honey here too: One Pot Honey Lemon Salmon with Asparagus and Slow Cooker Chili Recipe with Corn + Video. Yes, chili! It’s incredible and our most popular recipe so give it a try!
Honey and ginger taste so good together and when you add orange juice and cinnamon it’s even better!
I love when my food tastes fresh and not processed, over salted or over seasoned. You can actually taste the carrots in this recipe!
How to Make Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots
* The full, printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
In a mixing bowl, add:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice (and zest) (or use a mandarin)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (this zester is great and you can use it to zest the orange too!)
Then, pour the oil mixture over the carrots and bake in an oil sprayed baking dish at 400F for about an hour. If you want them done faster, cut them into two-inch pieces and bake them at 400F for about 30 minutes or until tender.
Note: The carrots are NOT peeled in the picture above.
That’s it! It’s so easy!
Do you peel carrots before roasting?
Yes, but, you can save time and mess by just washing the carrots and not peeling them. It gives them a more rustic feel. It’s up to you. The carrots are peeled in the picture above.
What do I serve with Roasted Carrots?
Need a good turkey brine recipe? Try this Turkey Brine with Apple Cider Vinegar.
Some other side dishes that go well with Honey Ginger Glazed Roasted Carrots:
Can these Carrots be Made in an Air Fryer?
Yes, just cut them into smaller pieces and put them in a small baking dish that will fit in your air fryer. The cooking time will be much less than in a conventional oven and will vary based on your air fryer. Start with 20 minutes at 400F and check on them.
Honey Ginger Glazed Roasted Carrots are sweetened without refined sugar and seasoned with fresh ingredients. You’ll taste the freshness.
Plus, you can make this recipe ahead and reheat when ready to serve. Add this recipe to your glazed carrots recipes for Thanksgiving (and other holidays.) They’re perfect for your holiday dinner or family Sunday dinners.
This recipe was last updated on February 15, 2022.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Honey Ginger Glazed Roasted Carrots
- First, preheat oven to 400F and oil spray a 1.75 qt baking dish or sheet pan.
- Next, peel a layer of skin off of the fresh ginger root and use a zester to get about a 1/2 tsp of grated ginger. Put it in a small bowl.
- Next, use the zester to zest the 1/2 tsp of zest from the orange. Put in in the small bowl with the ginger.
- Next, squeeze the juice from the orange to obtain 1/4 cup of juice. Add the orange juice to the small bowl with the ginger.
- Then, add the honey, cinnamon, and olive oil to the bowl with the orange juice, zest and ginger and stir well to combine.
- Next, oil spray the baking dish.
- Then, lie the carrots on the baking dish in a single layer and coat them with oil mixture. Turn them over to ensure they're evenly coated.
- Bake in oven for one hour or until carrots are tender when poked with a fork.