As much as I love cooking, some days I just don’t want to do a lot of prep and the associated clean up. I speak, dare I say, for all moms? There just doesn’t seem to be enough tasty 30 min meals that my kids will eat too. This Fast Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizza is just a few ingredients with only one pan to clean! Plus, you control how much cheese and olive oil is used.
This tasty Fast Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizza is a spin-off from one of my popular dishes- Italian Sausage and Spinach with Ziti. These mini pizzas give you yummy veggies with hearty delicious sausage and a little cheese for a complete meal.
What’s great about mini pizza is you can make different varieties to please each person in your family for dinner. How often can you say that? Almost every night I have to make pasta for our boys and make a different meal for my husband and me. I love pasta but, I don’t want to eat it every single night.
Making the Fast Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizza
It is so easy to make this Fast Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizza! In a medium to large skillet, add ground sausage, fresh or thawed frozen and drained spinach and cook with a bit of EVOO and fresh garlic. Add in Grape tomatoes and let cook a few minutes longer until sausage is cooked.
Take a few pieces of Naan bread, add sausage and spinach mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Put in oven on 375F for a few minutes until cheese melts. This is a fun meal you can make with your kids!
This recipe could replace your Friday pizza night take out and save you $20 per week. Save it in your vacation fund. I can not wait to go on vacation. I just wish I had a cook and nanny to go with us. You know what they say about wishing in one hand.
Speaking of vacation, this is a great meal to make on vacation if you are renting a condo or house. Add it to your vacation meal plan ideas! Make the sausage and spinach to store in the fridge and take it out any time. It’s great for teens who are always hungry.
When you’ve had a crazy day out with the kids and just need to make a quick and tasty dinner, these Fast Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizzas are perfect. When you are able to make different varieties to please your picky little eaters, it is a win-win. You may even be able to cover up the spinach with the cheese and get your kids to eat it.
This Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizza, with many other great recipes, is on Fiesta Friday #176 with cohosts Monika at Everyday Healthy Recipes and Jhuls@ The Not So Creative Cook
Fast Italian Sausage and Spinach Mini Pizza
- 12 Naan bread pieces
- 16 oz. ground Italian sausage
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of shredded or grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp of ground garlic powder
- 1/4 of Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. When hot, add garlic and simmer for one minute. Add ground sausage and break into small pieces while cooking and stir often.
- While sausage is cooking, cut grape tomatoes in half and defrost the spinach in the microwave. Drain spinach of water and add it to the sausage along with the grape tomatoes.
- Add the tomato paste, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to the sausage and spinach mixture. Cook until the sausage is no longer pink and the tomatoes are soft (a total of 15 min.)
- On two baking sheets, place the sausage and spinach mixture on each piece of the Naan bread, followed by Mozzarella cheese and place in the oven for 5 minutes until the bread warms and the cheese melts.
Naan pizza is so easy when you have various palates to please.
Thanks. Naan pizza is so easy.
This looked delicious. My girls love mini foods so will be giving this a try.
Can’t go wrong with sausage pizza if you are a sausage lover.
Thanks. This was a spin off from my sausage and spinach with ziti that is doing well.
You’re welcome. I enjoy Fiesta Friday.
Yes, it’s a great short cut with so many variations of toppings.
Making mini pizza from Naan bread is a great short cut to personalized pizza. I’ve been making them with cut up grape tomatoes, shredded mozz cheese and a bit of olive oil. So good.
Angie | Fiesta Friday says
It sounds wonderful! Last night we made naan pizza, too. With leftover butter chicken. It was good!!
Love the idea of using naan as a pizza base.
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook says
This looks like a very delicious meal. Thank you for bringing at Fiesta Friday table.
I love ‘mini’ foods, they make such great snacks! Thank you for sharing with Fiesta Friday:)
Thanks! Do you make any mini pizza?
Love such quick to assemble yet impressive dishes. Looks delicious! 🙂