We buy LOTS of eggs in our house. We eat about 3 dozen eggs weekly for our family of four but, only three of us eat eggs and really mostly two. They one of my favorite proteins.
Egg Salad for Lunch
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
So, egg salad is only one of the ways we eat eggs in our house. It’s on my husband’s lunch rotation just about weekly. He loves this egg salad recipe because:
- He LOVES eggs!
- Mustard is one of his favorite things- I mean every kind too: spicy brown, yellow, Djon, champagne, etc.
- Bread, yes, he LOVES bread. He’s a carb lover!
This Egg Salad with Djon Mustard recipe only has five ingredients (three if you don’t count basic salt and pepper):
The big question now is: “What’s the best kind of mayonnaise to use?” With that I say, use your favorite mayo.
I’ve heard lots of opinions on Hellman’s and Duke’s. I’ve tried both.
Duke’s is thicker and would make a great sandwich spread but, I think Hellman’s is a good fit for this sandwich. Plus, it’s what I’m used to. If you’re a Miracle Whip person, go for it. It’s YOUR egg salad after all.
Of course you can omit the pepper and add more salt if you wish. But, whatever you do, if you like Djon mustard and egg salad, you’re going to love this egg salad recipe!
It’s super easy to make. You may want to make your eggs in your Instant Pot or just boil them on the stove top. Or, you can buy boiled eggs at the grocery store or even a convenience store.
Spread this delicious egg salad on crackers, lettuce leaves or tortillas to make an egg salad wrap! There are so many ways to eat it.
You may like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Egg Salad with Djon Mustard
- 2 large eggs you may use medium or extra large eggs instead
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Djon mustard
- dash salt and pepper to taste
- First, boil eggs in water until the middle is cooked. Two eggs will take about 5 minutes to boil. Crack, peel, set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl (cereal size bowl) add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Then, chop eggs into desired size pieces.
- Add the chopped eggs to the mayonnaise mixture and stir until well combined.
- Optional: Put on two pieces of your favorite sliced bread to make a sandwich, spread it on crackers or place it on top of lettuce leaves.