Last Updated on: 30th January 2024, 05:52 am
Easy Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine is a tasty garlic-seasoned pasta dish ready in just 20 minutes making it a perfect weeknight meal. Not only is this Easy Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine simple to make and very tasty, it really isn’t that high in calories and fat. It certainly is healthier than the Red Lobster version! Now get your pot and pan and let’s get cooking!
It’s the perfect Lenten dinner so add it to your list or Pin it! Pizza gets old and you need something different to eat. Get more fish and seafood recipes here.
I love this recipe because I can make it in the time it takes the pasta to cook! The shrimp is done in about five minutes and there’s LITTLE PREP TIME involved!
How great is that?
Make this delicious pasta dinner with homemade fettuccine and you’ll have a dish worthy for your Italian Christmas Eve dinner or a special occassion.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine
- First, put a pot of salted water on the stove to come to a boil for the Fettuccine (cook according to package directions.)
- Next, put 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauce pan with 5 cloves of fresh minced garlic. Cook garlic for 30 seconds.
- Then, add 1/2 cup of dry white wine (optional,) lemon juice, fresh parsley and raw peeled and deveined shrimp with a sprinkling of freshly cracked pepper. Let the shrimp absorb some of the flavors and turn orange and then turn off the stove.
- Last, drain the pasta when it is “al dente.” Mix it with the shrimp so the pasta is coated with the garlic oil.
- Use Linguine or Spaghetti if you prefer.
- Use 4 tbsp of butter instead of olive oil.
- Add a sprinkle of garlic powder, if you like more garlic!
This delicious meal is complete in the time it takes you to make a pot of pasta! I like to keep a big two-pound bag of peeled and deveined shrimp from Costco in my freezer. It’s one of my favorite stores.
I like that I can pull out high quality shrimp to put on the grill or mix in pasta or make shrimp cocktail.
You can make this Easy Shrimp Scampi recipe in just 20 min so you don’t spend all night in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up.
So, if you like garlic and shrimp as much as Bubba from the movie Forrest Gump, fix up some pasta with it and enjoy a fast, flavorful meal with little clean up!
You may also like:
Easy Shrimp Scampi Fettuccine
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 lb shrimp uncooked tails on or off
- 1/2 cup dry white wine optional
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- freshly cracked black pepper
- First, begin to cook Fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium saucepan, add oil. When oil is getting hot, add minced fresh garlic and cook on medium heat for 30 seconds. Add white wine, shrimp, parsley, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir and cook for five minutes until shrimp becomes orange and alcohol cooks out. The steam will no longer have an alcoholic scent to it. Remove from heat.
- When pasta is done cooking according to package directions (about 10 min), drain and stir it with the shrimp until the oil has coated the pasta. Garnish with more parsley leaves if desired.
Storage:Store leftovers in the refrigerator.