Homemade, Easy Italian Red Roasted Peppers are absolutely delicious and taste so much BETTER than jarred peppers! They’re a great gluten free, Vegan and vegetarian appetizer option. Making Easy Roasted Red Peppers from scratch is easy.
They are a great accompaniment to an antipasto platter and will disappear fast! They’re really yummy and even gluten-free, low-carb and low-calorie! They’re perfect for your antipasto platter.
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll make a small commission but you pay the same price.
I certainly had my fill of Italian Roasted Red Peppers when I visited Naples and the Amalfi coast but, can you blame me? A good looking Italian waiter, who resembled Marcello in Under the Tuscan Sun movie, asking me if I’d like roasted peppers in an Italian accent? Who could say no?
When I was a young girl, my mom used to make roasted peppers nearly every week for our Sunday dinner. I remember watching her broil the red bell peppers and then remove the skin, cut them and put them in olive oil and fresh garlic with a sprinkle of salt and oregano.
Now, I make them and love them just as much! They taste great with my Marinated Mozzarella Pearls Recipe.
Easy Italian Red Roasted Peppers
First, set the oven on broil which is 500F.
Next, line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking oil.
Then, put the whole red bell peppers in the baking pan and set the timer for 15 min. When the timer goes off, the peppers will be black on top as the skin pulls away.
Then, carefully flip them over for a few more minutes.
Next, let them cool a few minutes and carefully remove the peel while discarding the seeds and stem.
Last, add a little EVOO, Oregano, salt, some garlic cloves and top with fresh parsley and they are done.
When removing the seeds, skin and stem, don’t run them under cold water, although it is easier to clean. You’ll lose the natural pepper juice.
These Easy Italian Red Roasted Peppers are always a hit at my parties! Because they can be made rather quickly and are very tasty, give it a try. You won’t regret it. They are a great go-to recipe for when you need a Vegan, gluten free or vegetarian appetizer!
Serve them with some fresh crusty Italian bread and marinated mozzarella balls. Your guests will be in antipasto heaven! Marcello would be impressed too.
Easy Italian Roasted Red Peppers
You may also like:
See more ITALIAN recipes.
Easy Italian Roasted Red Peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers washed
- 1.5 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves cut in half
- 2 dashes of dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Set oven to broil setting or 500 F degrees.
- Put the bell peppers on a oil sprayed, foil lined baking sheet.
- Place peppers in oven and set time for 15 minutes. The skin of the peppers will begin to turn black which means the skin is separating from the flesh which, it is supposed to do.
- When the timer rings, carefully turn peppers over and return to oven for five more minutes so the other side can blacken.
- After the other side of peppers has blackened five only minutes later, remove peppers from oven and let cool five minutes.
- While peppers are still hot, carefully remove the burnt skin with a fork and knife. Discard stem and all seeds. Although it is easier, do NOT run peppers under water to remove seeds because you will wash away the pepper juice that gives so much flavor to this recipe.
- Cut the pepper flesh into strips and put in a bowl with remaining ingredients.