This Easy One-pan Skillet Caprese Chicken Recipe is made with chicken cutlets and topped with fresh tomatoes and melted mozzarella slices with basil ribbons and then drizzled with balsamic glaze. It’s ready in 30 min and is a delicacy!
This chicken dinner is easy and delicious! It’s made with an Italian favorite- chicken cutlets. Therefore, it’s different than your average chicken caprese. It’s even better!
Use garden fresh tomatoes (it’s a wonderful way to use up garden tomatoes) and basil to capture the summer goodness in every bite.
I come from a family of good cooks, both on my mom’s side as well as my dad’s side. They were (R.I.P.) Italian immigrants so, I grew up on authentic and super delicious home-cooked Italian meals.
Easy One-pan Skillet Caprese Chicken Recipe
Caprese Chicken Recipe
In summary, this one-pan caprese chicken recipe is a chicken dinner made with boneless, skinless chicken cutlets that are breaded and sautted in a skillet with EVOO and then topped with fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella slices and then drizzled with balsamic glaze.
The tomatoes are warmed up as the cheese melts. It’s super delicious!
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
This chicken recipe is made with thinly-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast. They’re seasoned, dipped in egg and then Italian-seasoned bread crumbs and sauteed in EVOO.
You’ll use two kinds of fresh tomatoes- one large tomato to cut into slices and grape tomatoes. Use garden tomatoes if you can.
The fresh flavors will reflect the traditional caprese.
Fresh Mozarella Cheese Slices
Use fresh mozzarella cheese slices. Often, it comes already sliced but, if you need to slice it, cut it about a quarter of inch thick.
Also, be sure to use fresh mozzarella as soon as you buy it because it doesn’t have a long shelf life and tastes best the closest to buying it.
One Pan Caprese Chicken
The full, printable recipe is below in the recipe card.
First, you’ll make the chicken cutlets.
Then, add the garlic and grape tomatoes to the pan.
Then, you’ll add the tomato slices and fresh mozzarella cheese slices on top of the chicken. Cover until the cheese melts.
Then, you add fresh basil ribbons and some black pepper or Italian seasoning.
Last, add a drizzle of balsamic glaze on top! YUMMY!
This chicken recipe will render juicy chicken breasts and a wonderful tomato flavoring.
Doesn’t it look amazing? I know I sure couldn’t wait to sink my fork into it.
This chicken dinner is easy-to-make quickly. The whole family will love it.
What to serve with Chicken Cutlet Caprese?
Serve it with plain pasta, a simple Italian salad, or garlic bread but, here are some other suggestions.
This one pan meal is a delicious dinner with fresh flavors to serve to your family that’s ready in 30 min. They may ask for seconds so you may want to double the batch!
You may also like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
One Pan Chicken Cutlet Caprese
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets 4 cutlets
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 slices large tomato
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella slices about one ounce each
- 5 leaves basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- First, create dredging station by add beaten eggs (2) to one shallow bowl. Then add bread crumbs (1/2 cup) to a dinner plate and place both near the stove with the bread crumb plate closest to the stove.
- Then, place chicken breasts in the egg and turn over to coat them one at a time.
- Then, place chicken breasts in Italian bread crumbs and coat on both sides.
- Then, add 1/4 cup of oil to a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Next, as soon as oil is heated (about a minute or so) add the chicken breasts as many that will fit. Cook for about five minutes on each side and remove. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, add garlic cloves (4) and grape tomatoes (1 cup) to the pan.
- Next, add the chicken cutlets back to the pan. Add one tomato slice to the top of each chicken cutlet followed by the mozzarella slices (one for cutlet.) Cover with a lid and allow the mozzarella cheese to melt.
- Meanwhile, make the basil ribbons (4 leaves.) Layer the basil leaves on top of each other and roll them. Cut them 1/8 of an inch in width.
- Then, add basil ribbons to the top of the cheese and drizzle with balsamic glaze (2 tbsp.)