YUM! This Easy Lemon Chicken with Zucchini in Alfredo Sauce dinner can be made in 45 minutes or fewer if overlapping steps, not counting the marinating time. My husband devoured it and told me to make it again and again. This zucchini in a tasty Alfredo sauce is nicely paired with a flavorful lemon chicken. They do compliment each other.
If you haven’t yet heard of “zoodles,” they are zucchini spiral cut into long, thin pieces similar to noodles. The picture below is Julienne cut so they are a bit thicker.
You may use a * Spiralizer or cut them Julienne style. Zoodles (what a catchy name) are a wonderful alternative to pasta and can in many ways be used as a substitute. They are a great way to reduce carbohydrate intake. There are so many possibilities for zoodles when you use them in place of pasta.
The Alfredo sauce recipe in this Easy Lemon Chicken with Zucchini in Alfredo Sauce below yields about a cup or so of sauce which, may not sound like enough sauce for two zucchini but, the moisture in the cooked zucchini will render enough juice that you may not even need the whole cup of Alfredo sauce.
But, I know how many people like a lot of tasty sauce. If you are looking to cut calories, use 2% milk and cut the butter a tad. I made this recipe using some half and half and some whole milk because the calories in half and half is a bit high!
Marinating the chicken in fresh lemon juice gives it some extra lemon flavor but, if you want to skip this step in trying to save time, you may but, I strongly suggest dripping some lemon juice on the chicken while it is cooking to give it some lemon flavor and/or add it when you are plating it. There is a minimal amount of flour and extra virgin olive oil used so, you are saving a lot of calories by not deep-frying the chicken and it will still be flavorful.
This Easy Lemon Chicken with Zucchini in Alfredo Sauce is very tasty meal. It is a great way to make zucchini especially when you are looking for something a bit different for your same old zucchini. the lemon chicken tastes good with just about anything but, at any rate, your family will like this combination of chicken and zucchini.
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission.
A flavorful lemon chicken recipe paired with tasty Zoodles Alfredo Recipe
- Ingredients for Chicken:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Juice of one lemon or 2 tbls bottled lemon juice
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Ingredients for Zucchini:
- 2 medium fresh zucchini, Julienne cut
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- Ingredients for Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 cup half and half creamer or whole milk
- 2 tbls butter
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken lengthwise to make thinner or pound if you prefer. In a plastic bag or bowl, marinate chicken in lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- Coat both sides of chicken in flour. In a large frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is just getting hot, add the chicken. Brown chicken on both sides and then cook 10 minutes covered or until chicken is no longer pink or letting out pink juice when cut at its thickest part. If you have additional lemon juice, you may put some on top of chicken while it is cooking for an extra boost of lemon flavor.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, add 2 tbls olive oil and garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add zucchini and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Do not overcook.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, add butter, half and half or milk and grated Parmesan cheese. Stir until thickened about 5 min.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over zucchini and stir together. Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.