Last Updated on: 15th January 2024, 05:43 am
Use up leftover ham with this yummy recipe. This Easy Ham Noodle Casserole is made with canned creamed corn and is a delicious weeknight dinner.
You made a big ole ham and now you have so much ham, you don’t know what to do with it! Here’s a good recipe to use up some of that ham!
This Easy Ham Noodle Casserole is a combination of ham, cheese and pasta noodles nestled in a casserole dish topped with seasoned bread crumbs.
It’s a frugal meal made with leftover ham. Add this to your list of leftover ham recipes pasta. However, you not need leftover ham to make this meal. Just buy a ham slice and cube it or buy cubed ham and it’ll be even faster to make!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission but, you pay the same price.
When you bake a ham, save that ham bone! I have a really delicious One Pot, Ham Potato and Bean Soup to make with it. If you don’t have time to make the soup now, freeze the ham bone to make the soup later.
I pondered what to make for dinner last night knowing I had leftover ham from a couple nights prior.
I brought out some creamed corn from my pantry, celery, onion, cheese, butter and some seasonings and I started boiling egg noodles.
I’m glad I did because this recipe turned out to be delicious and it was very easy to make!
The sweetness of the corn coupled with the cheesy egg noodles topped with seasoned breadcrumbs is a simple yet, a delicious meal.
Casseroles, such as this Ham Noodle Casserole are great for busy moms because there just might be leftovers for the next night’s dinner.
I cringe a little when other moms tell me their husbands won’t eat leftovers. Why? I don’t understand it. If it tasted great the first day, in may taste even better the second day when its been marinating in its juices. Plus, the food you get in restaurants is not usually prepared the same day.
My husband will eat leftovers for three days straight! It’s one of his best qualities! I rarely have to toss anything. This helps our food budget tremendously.
How to Make this Leftover Ham Casserole
- First, preheat the oven to 375F. Next, boil the egg noodles.
- Then, then sauté the onion and celery in butter with some thyme for 2 minutes.
- Next, drain the egg noodles and combine them with the onion and celery.
- Then, put the mixture into an oil sprayed 13″x 9″x 3″ baking pan, and sprinkle Italian seasoned bread crumbs on top.
- Next, place casserole dish in the oven for 30 minutes on 375 F.
This recipe can be made start to finish in 45 min and is a good weeknight meal.
It’a always great to have nice sharp knives and a few good cutting boards. I like to use one cutting board just to cut fruit, another for meat and yet another for vegetables. That way your fruit doesn’t pick up onion and garlic flavors from your vegetable cutting board, if it is porous.
When you’re looking for what to do with leftover ham, keep this recipe handy. Pin it! This leftover ham casserole is easy-to-make and a tasty, filling and frugal meal. Transform your leftover ham and save money buy not buying take out. It’s a good recipe to file away in your leftover ham recipes pasta file. Your kids will be asking “Is it ready yet mom?”
Use leftover ham to make:
Easy Ham Noodle Casserole
- 1 lb boneless ham cut in 1” cubes ham leftovers are perfect
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 oz shredded cheese Swiss or Cheddar
- 12 oz bag of egg noodles
- 14 oz can creamed corn
- 3 or 4 dashes of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of dried thyme or 1 tsp of fresh thyme
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 rib of celery chopped
- ½ medium onion chopped
- 1 tbs butter
- Cook egg noodles for 8 minutes and drain.
- While noodles are cooking, saute onion, celery and thyme in butter 5 min on medium heat or until celery and onion are soft.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except bread crumbs.
- Spray 13”x9”x3” pan with cooking spray and put noodle mixture in it. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly on top.
- Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes, uncovered.