Don’t get spooked out when you see these adorable The Best Halloween Monster Mash Brownies! They’re not only adorable, but they’re so easy-to-make and your kids will LOVE making them with you because they get to throw sprinkles and make monsters with eyes and bright colors! How fun is that? Totally FUN!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission which helps with blog expenses so you can continue to receive FREE recipes but, the price you may is the same.
The Best Halloween Monster Mash Brownies
All it takes to make these fun Halloween Monster Brownies is a good brownie recipe, decorations, and some enthusiastic Halloween spirit!
It’s so fun to watch our 5 year get spooked out by skeletons. Last year, I had one (plastic of course) sitting in a glass cylinder and he was eyeing it up calling it “that guy!” It was so funny!
So, let’s get started!
How to Make Monster Mash Brownies in 45 Min!
It’s so easy! You can get all of your ingredients from Amazon! See disclosure above.
First, make a batch of brownies. My homemade fudge brownie recipe is included in the printable recipe card below. Let them cool 30 minutes before decorating but, in the meantime, get your candy decorations ready!
Then, green candy melts in the microwave (instructions are included in the printable recipe card below.)
Next, put the green melted candy melts in 3 sections on the uncut brownies. Use up the rest of your green candy melts to make Frankenstein Banana Pops Halloween Kids Treats!
Then, sprinkle orange sprinkles, purple sprinkles and Halloween candy confetti on each each section. Use what you already have or buy this Wilton Halloween sprinkles 6 in 1 container and use the remainder for next Halloween!
Last, add the jumbo candy eyes (shown below) and small candy eyes on each green section. Using big and small candy melts gives depth to the monsters because one looks close up while another looks farther away or one monster has a big eye with a smaller eye and it just looks more silly!
That’s it! This is such a FUN way to celebrate Halloween with toddlers and small children although big kids alike will enjoy the ease with which these brownies come together!
Making these Easy Halloween Monster Mash Fudge Brownies is a really fun activity to celebrate Halloween with your kids! They’ll love decorating monster brownies and expressing their creativity and artistic ability and this is so much easier and less mess than decorating cookies.
I got this creative idea from Buy This Cook That and made some very small modifications.
More Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids:
Easy Halloween Monster Mash Fudge Brownies
Monster Mash Brownie Decorating
- 1 cup green candy melts
- 1 tsp coconut oil aids in white chocolate melting
- 10 small candy eyes
- 6 large candy eyes
- 1 tbsp orange sprinkles
- 2 tbsp Halloween candy confetti
- 1 tsp purple candy beads
- Homemade Fudge Brownie Instructions
- First, preheat oven to 350F.
- Next, In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and vanilla extract. Add sugar and melted butter and mix until blended.
- Then, add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until blended.
- Then, pour into a greased 13"x 9"x 3" baking dish and bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 30 minutes before decorating.
Monster Mash Brownie Decorating
- First, place the green candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and add 1 tsp of coconut oil. Put the bowl in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove bowl and stir. Repeat until the green candy melts are fully melted.
- Then, pour melted green candy melts onto 3 sections of the uncut brownies. Using a toothpick, pull out the perimeter of the melted candy to make it look splattered as shown in picture.
- Next, add orange sprinkles on top of one section of the melted green candy melts.
- Then, add Halloween colored candy confetti on top of another section of the melted green candy melts.
- Next, add purple round candy sprinkles on top of the last section of the melted green candy melts.
- Last, add candy eyeballs throughout the brownies but, only on top of the green candy melted sections.
- Unwrap butter and place it in a microwave safe bowl, such as glass and NOT metal.
- Start by using full power for 30 seconds and keep adding 15 seconds until it's a little bubbly and almost totally melted.
- Stir the remaining thick butter and it'll melt.