These Easy Espresso Nutella Brownies are moist and full of Italian coffee flavor! They’re perfect for chocolate coffee lover fans!
What could make Nutella Brownies even better? Espresso, that’s what!
I was going to make a simple batch of Nutella brownies when I walked into my pantry to get the ingredients. Then, I smelled the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee coming from a newly opened bag of espresso beans. That’s when I got this great idea to make this delicious dessert!
The espresso granules bring out the chocolate flavor in the Nutella and makes the brownies extra flavorful! They’re really delightful from the first bite to the last. You just may eat the whole batch!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Easy Espresso Nutella Brownies
These brownies are so easy-to-make! You won’t need a lot of ingredients.
Obviously, you’re going to need Nutella to make this recipe. If you have kids, you may even have Nutella on hand. I always do because my child is addicted to it. I don’t know what he’d do if he couldn’t eat it on his Eggo Waffles in the morning but, I don’t want to find out.
Light Brown Sugar
This recipe uses light brown sugar alone and no white sugar. You’ll cream the brown sugar with the butter before adding the Nutella.
Instant Espresso Granules
How much espresso powder should I add to a batch of brownies?
You can add as little as one teaspoon and up to two tablespoons of espresso powder (or granules) to a single batch of brownies. It depends how much coffee flavor you want to taste.
NOTE: You may decrease the amount of espresso by half if you don’t want a lot of coffee flavor. If you just want a hint of coffee flavor, use only one teaspoon of instant espresso powder or granules.
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
You could make this recipe without the chocolate chips, but they do add more chocolate flavor. Plus, they look good just sitting on top of the brownies too.
Sift powdered sugar on top of the brownies to give them a more bakery style look.
Make these delicious brownies for any occasion. They’re wonderful for anytime you want a chocolate coffee dessert with little fussing. They’re perfect to bring to parties, work or girls night get togethers.
You may also like:
See more DESSERTS!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Easy Espresso Nutella Brownies
- 5 tbsp butter, softened (72 gr)
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (100 gr)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Nutella (370 gr)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp instant espresso granules or less if you want a milder coffee flavor
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar optional
- First, preheat oven to 350F (177C.)
- Meanwhile, add softened butter (5 tbsp) to a mixing bowl and mix for 1-2 minutes. Scrape bowl to make it's not sticking to the bottom (for stand mixers.)
- Then, add light brown sugar (1/2 cup) and mix for 2 minutes. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Then, add eggs (2 large) one at a time and vanilla extract (2 tsp.) Mix until combined.
- Next, add Nutella (1 cup) and salt (1/2 tsp.) Mix until smooth and fluffy (about three minutes.) Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Then, add the flour (3/4 cup) and instant espresso granules (2 tbsp.) Mix until combined but, don't over mix.
- Then, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Next, oil spray or line an 8"x 8"x 8" pan with parchment paper to make it easier to remove.
- Then, add the brownie batter to the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center to make sure they're done. After they've cooled, garnish with powdered sugar, if desired.
This recipe was adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction Nutella Brownies recipe.