This is such cute beach decor for your fireplace mantle to remind you of your upcoming summer beach vacation! This cute, Easy DIY Seashell Mason Jar Beach Craft only took a few minutes to make with only 5 supplies and one string. It only cost a few dollars to make! It would make a perfect a memory jar from vacation. Because it is so easy to make and affordable, you may want to make some for gift giving!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission.
It goes without saying that Mason Jar crafts are extremely popular. Mason jars only cost about $1 each in a case of twelve and you can put nearly anything in them. Pinterest has boards dedicated to just Mason Jar crafts.
Because they are inexpensive to make and so cute, it is no surprise they’ve become so popular. I’d thought of using a blue Mason Jar but, you wouldn’t be able to see the shells. It would still look good though if you prefer a blue jar.
- Mason Jar (wide mouth makes it easier to arrange shells)
- sea shells
- fish netting
- blue star fish (any color you like will do) with string
Our boys and I had fun collecting the sea shells on our family vacation in Marco Island, FL this winter. There are so many fun things to do there and great places to eat in Naples, FL. We can’t wait to go back next winter.
Instructions to Make the DIY Seashell Beach Mason Jar Craft:
- Pour sand into clean Mason Jar and tilt the jar to the side.
- Carefully arrange sea shells, face up, until you reach close to the mouth of the jar.
- Cut a 5″x 5″ square of fish net and lie it on top of jar mouth.
- Tie the string around the jar mouth, securing the net.
- Loop string through sea shell hole and around the starfish by tying the starfish with the remaining string.
Where to Display Your DIY Sea Shell Beach Mason Jar:
- Bay window, kitchen window sill or any window sill
- Powder room vanity
- covered porch end table
- couch table
- entryway table
- fireplace mantle
- anywhere in a beach house
- anywhere in a lake house during the summer months
This decorative DIY Mason Jar Beach Craft is so cute and only costs a few dollars to make. Plus, it only takes minutes to assemble and is a fun DIY craft to make with your kids! It is an easy way to save memories from your family beach vacation.