This 7-ingredient EASY Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad is easier than making both Macaroni Salad and Deviled Eggs because you don’t have to fill the eggs! It’s easy to make ahead for parties any time of year especially summer BBQs and picnics. Vegetarian
Pasta Salad Side Dishes
Bringing together the flavors of a traditional Macaroni Salad with egg and Deviled Eggs is what I’m talking about! Think about the Deviled Egg filling as your “dressing” for Macaroni Salad. Doesn’t that sound so good?
It’s more flavorful than your classic Macaroni Salad with egg and a great potluck recipe side dish!
Easy Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
This Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad recipe is easy to make.
The recipe is much like traditional macaroni salad except you mash the hard-boiled egg yolks with a fork and add them to the mayonnaise along with ground mustard, paprika, Spanish Olive brine and onion powder which, is the filling for Deviled Eggs. It will last up to five days in the refrigerator. Although, you can probably it eat a day or two after, it will lose flavor and honestly, I wouldn’t eat it!
What Should I Serve With Macaroni Salad?
You can serve almost anything with macaroni salad. Picnic foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled meats, and deli sandwiches. But, you can also serve Italian main dishes with it. See some ideas below.
How Long Can Macaroni Salad Sit Out?
This depends on the room temperature. If it’s in cool air conditioning, it can stay out for a couple of hours. Then, move it to the refrigerator.
If you are serving it outside, make sure it’s in the shade the bowl filled with Macaroni Salad is sitting on ice cubes and covered in plastic wrap.
Because it has eggs and mayonnaise, which is also made with eggs, it is perishable and can cause illness when bacteria grows. I know ewww… but, that’s what really happens.
Deviled Egg Pasta Macaroni Salad is a great recipe to take to parties because it’s easy to make and take a long. Plus, many people eat this traditional BBQ side dish. Once I went to a BBQ where people just brought whatever they wanted and Sign Up Genius wasn’t invented yet.
Four people brought Macaroni Salad and one was in a huge tub! It was really funny by the time the third and fourth person showed up with it.
This creamy Macaroni Salad recipe is yummy. Make it for your next party!
You May Also Like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Easy Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- 16 oz Elbow macaroni
- 6 eggs, boiled peeled and cut in half
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp paprika, plus more for garnish
- 2 dashes onion powder
- 2 tsp Spanish olive brine
- 1 sprig fresh parsley or celery leaves for garnish optional
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, put cooked egg yolks and mash fine with a fork. Add mayonnaise, ground mustard, paprika, onion powder and Spanish olive brine.
- Put macaroni in a very large mixing bowl. Chop cooked egg whites and toss in with macaroni. Add mayonnaise mixture to pasta and stir. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Sprinkle with a little more paprika and garnish with fresh parsley or celery leaves.