This easy vegetarian, creamy pasta primavera is full of veggies in a Parmesan cream sauce. It’s a comfort food family dinner packed full of nutrition.
It’s a creamy and dreamy pasta dish you won’t be able to wait to sink your teeth into!
Pasta primavera is a good way to eat pasta because it’s full of vegetables and you don’t need a lot of each kind of vegetable either. Adding cream to this pasta dish makes a tasty comfort food. YUMMY!
It’s a yummy, vegetarian meal for when you’re trying to cut back on meat or just want to consume more veggies. Either way, this is a meal every will like, which seems hard to accomplish sometimes right?
Easy Creamy Pasta Primavera
This pasta recipe has all of these vegetables:
- red bell peppers
- grape tomatoes
First, add oil and minced garlic to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes.
Then, add the carrots and cook 3 minutes before adding the remaining veggies.
But, don’t fret if you don’t like some of them because you can swap them for some others. See the substitutions below. Plus, this dish is easy-to-make.
However, it’s best to use fresh vegetables to make pasta primavera. Cook them until tender but, don’t overcook them because then they’ll become soggy and who likes limp veggies?
Then, add chicken broth and heavy cream!
Next, add the pasta and grated Parmesan cheese and stir!
Additions and Substitutions
- Use any kind of pasta type you like such as, spaghetti, bowtie, shells, etc.
- Add in cooked shrimp or chicken.
- Use asparagus if you have it. Cut into one-inch pieces.
- You may use sugar snap peas in stead of another veggie you don’t have.
This is a comfort food dish packed with the nutrition of a variety of vegetables. It’s a great way to use up garden veggies too.
You may also like:
See more pasta recipes.
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Easy Creamy Pasta Primavera
- 10 oz penne pasta
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup red bell peppers, cut into thin 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into 1/8 th inch round pieces, cut in half
- 3/4 cup carrots, cut into thin 1 inch pieces (similar to matchsticks)
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- First, cook penne pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add oil and minced garlic to a large frying pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes but, don't allow the garlic to get brown. Don't walk away from the stove.
- Next, add the carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then, add the remaining vegetables and Italian seasoning and cook for 5 minutes on high heat.
- Next, add the chicken broth and continue cooking another five minutes.
- Then, add the one tablespoon of cornstarch to the water and stir to make a slurry.
- Then, add the heavy cream and slurry and cook another five minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Next, add the drained pasta back into the original pot in which it was cooked along with the vegetables and grated parmesan cheese and stir.