Need a tasty, easy to prepare Super Bowl appetizer for your Super Bowl party? These Bacon Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to make ahead and are sure to be loved by your guests. Easy and tasty are the operative words here! The Super Bowl turns into a late night and you don’t want to spend the whole weekend preparing for it. Aren’t you so tired by Monday morning?
I’ve been pondering what appetizers I can make for the Super Bowl that are great tasting and easy to prepare. A lot of people seem to like stuffed mushrooms and bacon and blue cheese are a great combination so I came up with this recipe. It is not easy on the waistline but, you can eat only one or two, right? It is something to add to the normal cheese and crackers, although I love cheese and crackers and never get bored of them.
Making the Stuffed Mushrooms
Just remove the mushroom stems, clean them, salt the tops a bit, and bake them for 15 minutes on 375F. I put three strips of bacon (or more if you want a piece to munch on yourself) on a separate cookie sheet and bake it along with the mushrooms.
Meanwhile, combine softened cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon crumbles, scallions, mayonnaise and some seasonings and fill the mushrooms when they come out of the oven. Bake filled mushrooms for 15 minutes. You’ll have a mouthwatering appetizer to serve your guests. The guys in particular will love this! Bacon and blue cheese? Oh yeah!
Slow Cooker Italian Pork sandwiches are easy to serve and can be made ahead but, I needed some tasty apps. A big antipasto platter with Easy Roasted Red Peppers is always a hit at my parties so, I may go with that.
Another appetizer guys love is the bacon wrapped beef hot dogs with brown sugar on top! Buy some subs (or shall we say hoagies in Philly?,) some pizza pie (yes another favorite in my area,) Buffalo Wings, beer (can’t forget that) and some chips and dips and you are ready for a fun Super Bowl party!
I’d love to know-What are your favorite Super Bowl appetizers? What kinds of finger foods do you typically see? It is so interesting to hear what kinds of great food is being eaten all across the country on Super Bowl Sunday!
Bacon Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz container of whole mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 4 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 oz of blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 scallion, diced
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly salt the inside of the mushrooms and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake unfilled mushrooms for 15 minutes. On a separate baking sheet, bake bacon at the same time.
- Drain liquid from mushrooms after removing them from oven and place bacon on paper towels to absorb bacon grease. Cut bacon strips into pieces or crumbles.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including bacon, into a mixing bowl except for some of the scallions to use for garnish, and mix until well blended.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into cooled mushrooms.
- Bake filled mushrooms for 15 min or until the filling is a little brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.