Need a tasty, easy to prepare appetizer for your next party? These Bacon Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are easy to make ahead and are sure to be loved by your guests. Easy and tasty are the operative words here! Crispy bacon, onion flavored cream cheese and blue cheese stuffed in mushrooms and served warm! Yum!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
It seems we are always pondering what appetizers we can make for the parties that are great tasting and easy to prepare. Not the same boring cheese platter. Serve a hot, tasty appetizer instead.
Sometimes, I’ll serve Loaded Slow Cooker Chili and Corn Spoonbread at my parties after these tasty Easy Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms. It makes it so much easier to host a party when you can just make the food ahead and serve it in a programmable slow cooker.
How to Make Easy Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post.
First, pre-heat the oven to 375F. Then, remove the mushroom stems, clean them, salt the tops a bit. Bake them for 15 minutes on 375F. I put three strips of bacon on a separate cookie sheet and bake it along with the mushrooms. Throw in an extra piece of bacon or more if you want a piece to munch on yourself. Oh, how I love bacon!
Meanwhile, combine softened cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon crumbles, scallions, mayonnaise and some seasonings and fill the mushrooms when they come out of the oven.
Finally, bake the filled mushrooms for 15 minutes. You’ll have a mouth-watering appetizer to serve your guests. The guys in particular will love this! Bacon and blue cheese? Oh yeah!
Slow Cooker Italian Pork sandwiches are another recipe I like to serve at parties and is easy to make ahead. A big antipasto platter with Italian cheeses, prosciutto, crusty bread and Easy Roasted Red Peppers is always a hit at my parties. Homemade apps are so much better than the frozen ones!
These yummy and Easy Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms will be a hit at your next game day party. When you want to give your guests a tasty appetizer with a combination of flavors that melt in your mouth, they will surely remember your stuffed mushrooms. You can make these Easy Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms ahead and serve them at your next party.
Do you like this recipe? Share it with your friends. Sign up for our newsletter and get free recipes!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 oz container of whole mushrooms cleaned and stems removed
- 4 oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 oz of blue cheese crumbled
- 3 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 scallion diced
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Lightly salt the inside of the mushrooms and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake unfilled mushrooms for 15 minutes. On a separate baking sheet, bake bacon at the same time.
- Drain liquid from mushrooms after removing them from oven and place bacon on paper towels to absorb bacon grease. Cut bacon strips into pieces or crumbles.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including bacon, into a mixing bowl except for some of the scallions to use for garnish, and mix until well blended.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into cooled mushrooms.
- Bake filled mushrooms for 15 min or until the filling is a little brown. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.