Last Updated on: 25th February 2023, 09:30 am
This easy-to-make deviled egg potato salad has the flavors of Southern deviled eggs. It’s a delicious potato side dish everyone will devour. Vegetarian & gluten-free.
When I saw the success of my Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad recipe, I knew I had to make the potato salad version of it. This recipe came out to be just as good in it’s own right.
Although, it is a bit similar to my Red Skin Dill Potato Salad because that also contains dill. That recipe is made with steamed potatoes which can also be done with this recipe. Dill adds great flavor to potato salad but, can easily be omitted if you don’t care for it.
Potato salad is a great summer side dish! It’s a staple for BBQs.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Deviled Egg Potato Salad with Relish
It’s simple to make this recipe. You’ll make hard boiled eggs, cut them in half and scoop out the yolks. Then, you’ll mix the yolks with mayo, sweet relish, apple cider vinegar, ground mustard, and paprika. It’ll look like this:
Then, you’ll add it to the cooked potatoes and add salt, pepper and dill. Garnish it with extra dill if you’d like.
This recipe is really delicious!
If you don’t have fresh dill for this recipe, use dried dill (also known as dill weed.) See the recipe substitutions below.
- Use Golden or red skin potatoes instead of Russet.
- If you don’t have apple cider vinegar, use the same amount of white vinegar instead.
- Use your favorite mayonnaise (regular or light.)
- Omit the dill if you don’t like the flavor.
- The sweet relish may be omitted if you don’t like it.
You’re going to love this Deviled Egg Potato Salad recipe. I’ve gotten many compliments on it.
You may also like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- First, boil potatoes (with peel on) for about one hour. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, boil eggs.
- Then, when eggs are ready, peel and cut them in half.
- Next, remove the cooked egg yolks and put them in a small mixing bowl. Cut the cooked egg whites and put them into a large mixing bowl.
- Then, using a fork, mash down the egg yolks as fine as you can get them. Add mayonnaise, relish, ground mustard, apple cider vinegar, and paprika. Stir together.
- Next, when potatoes are cool, peel the skin. Cut them into 1 1/2 inch cubes and put them in the large mixing bowl containing the cooked egg whites.
- Then, add the mayonnaise mixture to the potatoes.
- Next, add the dill, salt and pepper to the potatoes and stir until the potatoes are well covered with the mayo mixture. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours before serving. Garnish with additional, dill if desired.