Take your pasta to the next level with this super simple, FRESH and Flavorful Creamy Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce recipe! It’s made with cherry tomatoes and just five ingredients, gluten-free, low-carb, vegetarian, Vegan option.
This tomato sauce recipe is naturally sweet, very fresh and simply delicious! It taste like summer is in your plate… any time of year.
The flavors are incredible. Imagine the aroma of roasted garlic in olive oil with cherry tomatoes…Yummy! And when you see how simple it is to make this recipe, you’ll be amazed.
We’ve planted cherry tomatoes in our garden and had an abundance of these delicious little sweet tomatoes. We just LOVE them. They’re a healthy snack and will perk up just about anything. Read more about cherry tomato variations.
I’m NOT a novice at making tomato sauce from fresh tomatoes.
Maybe it’s just inherent in me coming from my Italian ethnicity or maybe it’s because I watched my mom and aunt can Jersey tomatoes every summer when I was a kid.
It was my job to turn the tomato strainer handle in what felt like a million times to an 8 year old. It’s an old family tradition that I hold dear.
I just LOVE tomato sauce! I dip my bread in it, smother it all over my pasta and secretly want to bathe in it. Just kidding…
How to Make Tomato Sauce from Cherry Tomatoes
Here’s a quick summary of this recipe but, the full printable recipe card is below.
- Roast the tomatoes and garlic with EVOO in the oven.
- Put them in a blender.
- Add basil, salt, pepper, cream.
How easy is that? Check out the additions and substitutions below in case you’re feeling ambitious or if you just don’t have an ingredient. You can still make a tasty sauce. I’m all about improvising and you can discover recipes that are keepers that way.
How to Make Pink Sauce Pasta
You can make red sauce pink simply by adding heavy cream, half and half or cream cheese. This will change the color to pink and add a creamy taste to the pasta.
This recipe calls for heavy cream to make it creamy and pink.
Tomato Sauce with Cherry Tomatoes
This versatile recipe can be modified, so don’t worry if you don’t have the exact ingredients listed.
Additions and Substitutions:
- Use grape tomatoes if cherry aren’t available.
- Add one onion to the baking pan and blend it with the tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce after you blend it.
- Stir in a 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese to the sauce after you blend it.
- Don’t have basil? Use oregano instead. But, basil is my first choice here.
- Use half and half or light cream instead of heavy cream to lighten it up or if you don’t have cream. I don’t suggest using whole milk.
- Pour this sauce over zoodles or shrimp instead of pasta for a wonderful low-carb dinner.
- Omit the cream to make this (still an amazing) recipe Vegan.
What can I do with a bunch of cherry tomatoes?
You may have an overflow of cherry tomatoes coming from you garden and making this tomato pasta sauce may not be enough to use all of them.
Aside from putting them in salads, you can make roasted cherry tomato sauce without the cream and can the sauce.
This is a great way to use up a lot of cherry tomatoes and get summer fresh sauce in the wintertime.
Try this Creamy Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce and then you’ll become acquainted with fresh tomato sauce.
You’re family is going to love it!
You may also like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 2 1/4 lbs cherry tomatoes washed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste
- First, preheat oven to 425F.
- Then, add tomatoes, garlic and oil to a baking dish. Toss to coat tomatoes.
- Bake for 35 min.
- Add tomatoes with oil from baking pan to a blender. Add basil, salt and cream. Blend on low for 10-20 seconds. Consistency should be a little choppy.
- Add to pasta or zoodles.