Last Updated on: 17th December 2023, 07:23 am
Spruce up your Christmas brunch this year with these tasty and elegant Cranberry Orange Mimosas! They’re flavored with Elderflower liqueur or syrup and white cranberry juice. You can make them as sweet (or not) as you like. Pitcher recipe included.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission.
Mimosas are so much fun and PERFECT for brunch. I just love how easy they’re to make and drink! Brunch is awesome in and of itself so adding a tasty cocktail that goes well with eggs is just ingenious!
Now, add some more flavoring like Elderflower liqueur (or Elderflower syrup) and white cranberry juice, and you’ve got yourself a superstar drink for Christmas morning or afternoon.
Elderflower Liqueur vs. Elderflower Syrup
I discovered Elderflower liqueur when I had a delicious Winter White Cosmo at Bonefish Grill restaurant chain. I just knew I had to make a copycat recipe for myself and my readers to drink whenever they want and I did just that.
Here’s my Winter White Cosmo copycat recipe. I’ve been told by a friend that it’s even better than Bonefish Grill. LOL It is my absolute FAVORITE Cosmo!
Now, you may never have heard of Elderflower or the liqueur that is made from it so here is the 10 second skinny on it.
Elderflower is the flower that is produced from the Elderberry tree. The flowers are beautiful and fragrant. It’s a wonderful sweet flowery scent that is great when mixed with citrus.
The St. Germain Elderflower liqueur is about $30 but, I find it to be worth it.
However, if that’s a little steep for you, you can buy the Elderflower syrup instead on Amazon or wherever you find it.
Click the picture to purchase for about $15 (Amazon link.)
With that said, you can have nearly the same Elderflower flavoring with the syrup. If you really like it, you can use it for other drinks.
It’s great with vodka and lemonade for a yummy summer cocktail. Therefore, it won’t go to waste! Trust me..
- Use Elderflower syrup instead of Elderflower liqueur (I do suggest the liqueur.)
- Use Orange Mango orange juice instead of plain orange juice.
- You may use red cranberry juice instead of white cranberry juice but, the coloring will be off.
- Alternatively, you can use Asti Spumanti or another sweet champagne if you prefer it to be sweeter.
You’re going to love this spruced up mimosa recipe. The Elderflower flavoring gives this mimosa a yummy, fragrant flavor. It’ll be perfect for your Christmas brunch or any brunch for that matter as you can just omit the red cranberry garnish! Either way, you’ll love it.
You may also like
Cranberry Orange Mimosas
- 8 oz Prosecco (dry champagne) cold
- 8 oz orange juice cold
- 3 tbsp Elderflower liqueur or elderflower syrup (cold)
- 2 oz white cranberry juice cold
- 2 fresh cranberries optional for garnish
- In two-cup measuring cup, add Prosecco, orange juice, white cranberry juice and Elderflower liqueur or syrup and stir.
- Pour equally into two champagne glasses and add one cranberry for garnish.
Cranberry Orange Mimosas Pitcher Recipe:Makes 8 mimosas
- 32 oz Prosecco (dry champagne)
- 32 oz orange juice
- 6 oz Elderflower liqueur or Elderflower syrup
- 1 cup white cranberry juice
- 8 fresh cranberries