Celebrating Halloween is a fun time to spend with your kids decorating your house with spooky, cute and funny decorations. Cheap and Easy Halloween Decorating Ideas are a fun way to celebrate Halloween with your kids without spending a lot of money on decorations. Many of the items in this article you may already have and can re-purpose them for Halloween by adding some inexpensive decorations.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, you pay the same price.
Cheap and Easy Halloween Decorating Ideas
Skeletal Parts in a Lighted Glass Vase
These plastic skeletal parts were only $5 at our local Five Below store. All of the skeletal parts fit in this vase. If you don’t have a Five Below store near you. You can get a similar item on Amazon.com.
There are so many things you can do with skeleton parts!
My four year old refers to this vase of skeletal parts as “that guy.” I laughed so hard the first time he said that. He just had to touch the skull to see if it would move. It was so funny!
- First, I put half a string of orange lights in the tall glass vase.
- Next, I arranged the bones in the vase and put the skull on top.
- Then, I plugged it in and that’s it!
Skull on a Mini Cake Stand
This is funny and cute and even scary! Isn’t she pretty? Takes about one minute to put together and you probably already have these items.
- First, I put a small amount of spider web cotton, which was $1 from Dollar Tree on the mini cake stand, which I bought at Target for $5. Use a white, black or silver platter you already have.
- Next, I put the skull from the plastic skeleton parts on top of the spider web.
- Last, I topped the skull with a pretty black and silver bow I found in my gift wrapping stash. A bright red, purple or orange bow would work well. too.
Poster Board Bats
Using a .99 black poster board from Michael’s Craft Store, I made these bats very cheaply. I made 17 bats from one poster board. It only took minutes to cut them out too. This is cheap and easy and the bats can be reused next year! I found this idea on Pinterest from Coco29.com. Every bat is the same size and shape. Plus, they only cost me .99 and about 15 min to make!
- First, I made a template by drawing one bat free hand on a white piece of paper. You can use one of these bat cut outs I found on Google.
- Then, I measured to see how many bats I could cut out of the poster board. Once I measured one rectangle to cut the bat from, I cut the remaining rectangles from the poster board.
- Next, I folded the black rectangles in half and put the folded white bat template on top where the folded template bat was lined up with the black fold of the rectangle. The folded parts should be on the same side. I simply cut around the bat making sure not to cut into the white bat template.
- Then, I repeated step 3 until I was finished cutting all of the bats.
- I made loops with tape and stuck them to the wall as pictured.
The Black Lantern Bats
Once you’ve made the bats above, you can use two of them to create this simple decoration in a few minutes. You probably already have a black lantern and you may even already have the LED candle light too. The LED candle lights are cheap too and come with the batteries.
- First, take one of the bats from above and tape it to the inside corner of the lantern.
- Then, repeat step one in the opposite corner of the lantern.
- Next, put the LED candle light (not a wax burning candle; I just had to say that) inside the lantern.
- Last, tie a black and white, black and orange, or black and silver bow on top of the lantern.
Hand Caught in a Candy Jar
This Halloween decoration is funny, simple and symbolic all-in-one!
- Fill a wide mouth Mason jar ($1-2) with two bags of foil eye ball decorated chocolate balls ($2). I found the chocolate eye balls at Dollar Tree.
- Place a skeletal hand ($1) in the jar.
These Cheap and Easy Halloween Decorating Ideas were inspired by my 5 Easy and Cheap DIY Christmas Decorating Ideas. So, when Halloween is over, you can replace the lantern and vase with these Christmas decorating ideas and save money again from not buying a lot of decorations!
Your kids will have a lot of fun decorating these Ferrero Rocher Red Velvet Spider Cupcakes too. They are so easy to decorate and look adorable! Or maybe they’d like making Monster Mash Brownies?
Cheap and Easy Halloween Decorating Ideas are a fun to make with your kids without spending a lot of money on buying Halloween decorations. You can use these decorations for next year too. Your kids will have fun cutting out the bats, setting up the skeletal parts, and eating chocolate eyeballs.
Leave a Reply