When I made my Brown Sugar Sweet Potato Pie for Thanksgiving last year, I was excited to try the pumpkin pie version. Usually, I make my Caramel Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake with Gingersnap Crust, which is to die for but, now that I make a brined turkey, I have less time to make dessert and look for easier ones.
And tell me? Who doesn’t like Pumpkin Pie?
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission.
I’ve seen some popular versions of classic pumpkin pie made with cream cheese. In my opinion, that’s a cheesecake, not pumpkin pie.
So, if you’re not into cream cheese, this creamy pumpkin pie is a good alternative to the cream cheese version.
Now don’t get me wrong, my Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie is definitely on my short list of easy Thanksgiving desserts too.
But, it’s nice to have a pumpkin dessert of some kind too- like Amish Pumpkin Whoopie Pies that are just incredible finger-licking good!
But, they’re not actually pies, they’re a sandwich cake with icing in the middle but, not actually a sandwich. LOL
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie
I suggest using a silicone pie crust shield protector (Amazon affiliate link). It will help your pie crust from not browning too much and drying out. It’s great to use for any round pie and is adjustable 8″ to 10.” Here’s what it looks like:
- pumpkin puree
- pie crust
- spices- cinnamon, cloves, ginger, salt
- light brown sugar
- heavy cream
Can I use Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Yes! Use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon, cloves and ginger for this recipe. Pumpkin Pie Spice contains these spices plus allspice and nutmeg.
Creamy Pumpkin Pie
- Use fresh pumpkin puree. Here’s how to roast pumpkin to get the puree.
- Use 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
- Substitute evaporated milk instead of heavy cream.
- Use dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar but, it’ll be more maple flavored.
Pumpkin Pie is one of the easiest Thanksgiving desserts you can make and also one of the lowest in calories. After all the mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and stuffing, it may be a wise decision!
You’re going to love this Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie recipe. Now, don’t go serving this pumpkin pie without whipped cream! I feel like it was made for pumpkin pie!
This pie is creamy, flavorful and delicious. It’s perfect for dessert to go after your fat turkey or any fall/winter meal! Get out your sweat pants and LET’S EAT!!
You may also like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Brown Sugar Pumpkin Pie
- First, preheat oven to 375.
- Meanwhile, , in a mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree and eggs. Mix.
- Next, add salt, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, corn starch and mix.
- Then, add the brown sugar and heavy cream and mix until well combined. Be sure to scrape bottom and sides of bowls with a spatula.
- Bake frozen pie shell for 10 min at 375F and remove pie shell from oven. Then reduce oven temp to 350F. Skip this step if using a fresh/refrigerated pie crust.
- Fill pie shell with pumpkin mixture and place on a baking sheet that don't warp in oven. Baking sheet will help it stay stable so foil bottom stays put. This will help you know if the middle is set.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 min or until the middle is set. When you start removing it from the oven, it shouldn't jiggle in the middle.
- Let pie cool for two hours before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream or non-dairy whipped topping if desired.
This recipe was adapted from Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe.