This Broccoli Slaw with Craisins and Pecans side dish is slightly sweet and slightly tangy with a little crunch. It’s a great alternative to coleslaw and is made with only 6 ingredients. It’s vegetarian, gluten-free, low-calorie and low carb.
I was delighted when I discovered broccoli slaw at the supermarket.
It was sitting next to the coleslaw mix and I thought I’d give it a try after I found a recipe on the back of the bag.
I was even more delighted when I tasted the recipe. It tastes good and is so easy to make.
I like this particular recipe because of the dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
The dried cranberries make the broccoli slaw a little sweet and the chopped pecans make it a little crunchy.
It’s a great colorful alternative to regular old coleslaw.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Plus, Broccoli Slaw with Craisins and Pecans goes with:
- grilled chicken or Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- hamburgers and hot dogs
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
Can you buy broccoli slaw?
Yes. You’ll find it in the grocery store near the coleslaw mix in the produce section.
How do you make Broccoli Slaw?
- First, make the dressing by combining: mayo, vinegar and sugar.
- Then, add the dressing to the broccoli slaw
- Next, add the dried cranberries, chopped pecans, salt and pepper to the broccoli slaw.
- Last, mix it and let it sit 25 minutes before serving.
That’s it. It’s SO EASY! It’s a great beginner cook recipe.
Just look at those beautiful colors!
Substitutions and Additions
- Use raisins instead of dried cranberries.
- Use chopped walnuts or sliced almonds instead of chopped pecans.
- Add chopped bacon pieces. (Doesn’t that sound amazing?)
This recipe can be made Vegan by using Vegan mayo.
You’re gonna love this easy and yummy side dish!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Broccoli Slaw with Craisins and Pecans
- First, mix together mayo, vinegar and sugar.
- Then, add mayo mixture to broccoli slaw.
- Next, add dried cranberries, chopped pecans, salt and pepper to taste.
- Then, mix until well combined.
- Last, refrigerate 25 minutes. Stir before serving.