Jack Daniel’s flavored chocolate pecan pie anyone? This Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie is flavored with a good whiskey which, makes for a very flavorful pie. This delicious pie only takes 15 minutes to prep using a store bought pie crust!
It is the perfect make ahead dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas because it tastes even better the second day. Also, it freezes well. It’s as easy as pie!
Your Thanksgiving turkey needs a STAR dessert to follow and this is it! It so delicious and this recipe can be modified to be a wonderful chocolate pecan pie simply by omitting the booze.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Don’t you just love Chocolate Pecan Pie? Well , adding a little Gentleman Jack Sour Mash Whiskey to it takes it to a new dimension.
This recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s celebrations because it is so easy to make and bring along to gatherings.
BOURBON Chocolate Pecan Pie
This pie is great for chocolate and nut lovers! This recipe has a generous amount of bourbon but, you can certainly cut it down to a ¼ cup or a couple of tablespoons or omit it altogether and you will still have a great tasting chocolate pecan pie!
Whipped cream goes really well with this pie as does a nice hot cup of coffee. If you are looking for easy homemade pie recipes for Thanksgiving, this pie is it!
It will save you money to make your own and you will get a better quality pie than at most grocery stores. You’ll be surprised as to how easy it is and with minimal clean up.
How to Make Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post. This pie is easy-to-make. It takes about 15 min to prepare.
- First, pre-heat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Second, in a non-stick two qt. sauce pan on medium heat, cook butter, sugar, vanilla and corn syrup on medium heat until butter and sugar are melted and well mixed with the corn syrup (about 5 minutes.) Let pie stand away from heat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs.
- When corn syrup mixture is still warm but not hot, add whisked eggs, chocolate chips, Bourbon, and pecans halves.. I took time to arrange the pecans to look pretty. Mix well and pour into a 10″ pie shell.
- I put 1/3 of a cup of Bourbon in this pie but, that may be a lot to most people so, feel free to scale it back a bit or even a lot. This pie can be successfully made without any Bourbon too and would still be yummy.
- Next, if you have a pie crust shield, add it to the rim of the pie to protect the crust from over browning and hardening or even burning. The one pictured below is inexpensive and adjustable and fits a 8.5 to 11.5 inch rimmed pie dish. It can be used for pot pies too.
- Last, bake at 350 for one hour on the center oven shelf rack. Serve warm or at cool temperature plain or with whipped cream. Store in refrigerator.
I suggest putting a baking sheet under the pie plate in case there are any drips. Make two pies and freeze one for another time. This pie tastes better the second day after it has set which, makes it the perfect make ahead dessert!
How Do I Know When My Chocolate Pecan Pie is Done?
Your pecan pie is done when the center is set. Give it a little shake. If it appears to have more than just a slight jiggle in the center, it needs a few more minutes in the oven. Let it cool completely before you store it in the refrigerator where it will finish setting.
Can Pecan Pie be Frozen?
Yes, Pecan Pie can be frozen. It freezes well too. Just be sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap all the way around the pie and use two layers. Then, cover it in aluminum foil too. You want to keep as much air out as possible. If your pie will fit in a zipper plastic bag, place it in there after you wrap it in plastic wrap. Freeze it up to six months.
I’ll make two pecan pies and leave one out to be eaten and freeze the other for another time. See defrosting instructions below.
How Do You Defrost Pecan Pie?
You can defrost pecan pie in the refrigerator in a few hours or you can put it on the counter top to defrost in about two hours.
Pecan Pie Variations
Also, variations I’ve seen of this pie include white or brown sugar, sugar syrup (light or dark corn syrup or a combination of both), molasses, maple syrup, or honey.
I adapted my recipe from A Family Feast Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie recipe. My recipe is modified by using half of the butter, one less egg, omitted the salt and put in a little more chocolate and bourbon. I also bake mine at a higher temperature for a shorter time. The link to their recipe is at the bottom of this post if you’d like to see their recipe.
This delicious Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie only takes 15 minutes to prep using a store-bought pie crust! It is the perfect make ahead dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas and freezes well.
Why buy lower quality, expensive pies at the grocery store when you can make a fresh, great tasting pie yourself quickly for less money? Your relatives will thank you for making and bringing this delicious pie to Thanksgiving!
This Less Stress Thanksgiving Planner will help you organize Thanksgiving dinner if you are hosting or even just assisting the host/hostess. Print it and hang it on your refrigerator for reference! It has turkey cooking tips, week-by-week and day-by-day planning tasks to make hosting easier.
You may also like:
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours because there’s No Plate Like Home!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- In a two qt. sauce pan on medium heat, cook butter, sugar, vanilla and corn syrup on medium heat until butter and sugar are melted and well mixed with the corn syrup (about 5 minutes.) Let stand off heat for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs. When corn syrup mixture is still warm but not hot, add whisked eggs, chocolate chips, Bourbon and pecans. Mix well and pour into pie shell. If you have a pie crust shield, add it to the rim to protect crust from over browning or burning.
- Bake at 350F on center oven shelf with a pie crust cover for one hour to 1 hour or until center is set. Let pie cool completely. Store covered in refrigerator for up to one week. Freeze up to six months. Pie freezes well.
Storage:Store this pie in the refrigerator for several days and freeze it up to 6 months in an airtight container or freezer bag.