Black Bean and Corn Salad is a delicious, a bit smoky, fresh summer salad that can be used as a dip too. Vegan and gluten-free
I just love the combo of black beans and corn. I mean who doesn’t love a Black Bean & Corn Layered Taco Dip?
Black Bean and Corn Dip
Speaking of dips, this black bean and corn salad recipe can be used as a tasty dip appetizer too. Break out the tortilla chips and go to town. You could add chopped tomatoes and onions to it if you want to make it a dip or leave it as is.
What makes this recipe tasty is the cumin and chili powder that makes it smoky and the lime juice that makes it a little tart. The red bell pepper provides some crunch and sweet flavor as well.
It makes a great vegetarian side dish for parties.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Vegan Black Bean Corn Salad
*The full, printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
- canned black beans, rinsed
- whole kernel corn, drained
- chopped red bell pepper
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- onion powder
- lime juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
Add all of the ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine. It may be eaten immediately but, it does taste better when it has time for the flavors to meld. Store in the refrigerator for several days but, you’ll probably eat it long before then.
- Add cubed avocado.
- Use orange or green bell peppers if you don’t have or like red bell peppers
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Add 1/4 cup of chopped red onions.
What goes with corn and black bean salad?
- Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Lemon Rosemary Chicken Breast
- chicken or steak fajitas
What pairs well with black beans?
Make this Black Bean and Corn Salad as a potluck side dish or an easy side dish for weeknight tacos. It’s also a tasty dip for tortilla chips.
You may also like:
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 15.5 oz canned black beans rinsed
- 15.25 oz canned whole kernel corn drained
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 dash onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 dash Cayenne pepper optional
- Add all ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine. Store in the refrigerator.