Move over plain Zucchini Bread, there’s something better! This Best Moist Orange Zucchini Bread is full of orange flavor with a hint of cloves making it the perfect flavor combination for this moist, fresh zucchini bread!
Enjoy this zucchini quick bread warm or cold and either way is wonderful with a hot cup of coffee! This is a great way to use up your garden zucchini! You may also like Lemon Zucchini Bread.
I only wish our tomatoes grew as well as our zucchini this year but, it’s so hard to weed the garden when it rains so much!
Plus, it’s an easy way to get your kids to eat zucchini!! Aren’t we always trying to get them to eat green veggies? Here’s a way to get a stubborn toddler to eat it. Tell him/her it’s cake! It worked for me.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
Our almost five and six-year old boys were asking to eat this Best Moist Orange Zucchini Bread! “Where’s that ‘quinni‘ bread mom?” He was a carb lover while still in my womb! It all makes sense now. LOL!
To get kids to eat green veggies, sometimes you just have to hide them in foods. For example, I’ll put Chia seeds or kale in their smoothies. For the longest time, my son thought adding spinach to a smoothie was the only way to make one.
But, look at that zucchini bread’s beautiful orange color too. Oh, how could you say no to this delicious, sweet bread.
Adding a pat of butter with a cup of coffee will send you into dessert heaven! This recipe makes a single batch which is two loaves, but, you may want to make a double batch of this yummy zucchini quick bread.
You can freeze the extra loaves to bring out for company or cut into individual slices to take to work or put in your kids’ lunches.
It’s a great back to school or after school snack.
The Best Moist Orange Zucchini Loaves make great homemade gifts!
Plus, this bread is perfect to make into mini loaves and give as gifts for the holidays with a dried orange and whole cloves wrapped in a pretty bow!
Additionally, mini loaves or muffins would make great baby or bridal shower favors for guests to take home and enjoy. You can adorn the loaves with baby feet or wedding rings.
Package them up pretty with a cinnamon stick and a silky red bow and they’ll look adorable while tasting unforgettable!
Click on the image below to buy these cute holiday boxes from Amazon. I’m an affiliate for Amazon.
This Best Moist Orange Zucchini Bread Recipe
*The full, printable recipe card is at the bottom of this post.
How to Make Zucchini Bread From Scratch
First, mince/shred the zucchini.
This zucchini bread is really easy to make if you own or have access to a food processor. The one below is affordable with great reviews on Amazon.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater to finely shred the zucchini however, this will take quite a bit of grating to yield three cups of zucchini. Strain the juice from it using a strainer.
Put the minced zucchini in a freezer bag and save it for another time if you don’t have time to make the zucchini bread now.
Second, in a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ground cloves. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, oil, sugar, orange juice and orange zest.
Mix together and add in the minced zucchini while scrapping the sides of the bowl.
Next, grease two 8″x 4″x”3″ loaf pans. This one pictured is currently a best seller on Amazon. Then, fill the loaf pans two thirds full with the batter which, is about half of the batter should go in each loaf pan. Alternatively, you may use a muffin tin (oils sprayed) if you only have one loaf pan or none at all.
Then, bake at 350F for 55-60 min. Insert a toothpick in the middle to see if it come out clean. If so, it’s done. If not, put it back for five more minutes. Mine were done at 60 min but, oven temperatures vary and you know your oven better than me.
What Do I Serve with Moist Orange Zucchini Bread?
- a pat of butter or cinnamon butter
- Hot or iced coffee
- cold milk
- hot tea
- sliced oranges
- cream cheese topping
- vanilla frosting
- lemon or orange glaze
When Do I Serve Moist Orange Zucchini Bread?
- after dinner dessert
- holiday gatherings
- parties, potlucks, picnics
This Moist Orange Zucchini Bread is really a nice twist on traditional zucchini bread because it has the perfect orange/clove flavoring in it.
It makes a yummy back to school or after school snack for kids. Plus, it’s a great fall dessert too eat alongside coffee in the morning after you get your kids off to school. Enjoy and relax!
You May Also Like:
See more of our desserts!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Best Moist Orange Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups cups sugar
- 3/4 cup corn oil
- 1 tbsp zest of one orange I used a Naval orange
- 4 oz fresh orange juice or 4 tsp orange extract
- 3 cups minced fresh zucchini, drained of juice (2-3 small zucchini) use food processor and drain of moisture
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- First, preheat oven to 350F. Ensure rack is in middle position.
- Next, rinse and cut zucchini (skin on and with seeds) into quarters and put in a food processor. Turn on for 30 seconds or so until zucchini is minced. You may use a cheese grater but, it will take much longer by hand.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, orange zest, orange juice and eggs. Add flour mixture one cup at a time mixing on low. Stir in minced fresh zucchini. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and make sure flour is incorporated evenly into batter.
- Then, grease two loaf pans (8"x 4"x 3") with cooking spray. Pour half of the batter into each loaf pan and bake at 350F for 50-60 min. Test by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it is done. Let rest for 30 min before cutting. Serve with a dab of butter if desired. Enjoy warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator for several days. Wrap in wax paper and put in freezer bag to freeze up to 6 months.