These Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Air Fryer (featured in Parade.com) are not only tasty, they’re much lower in calories because they’re baked and not deep fried! That also makes them healthier than traditional fried wings. With only a handful of ingredients, you can make these yummy wings in 30 min in your air fryer with 5 minutes of prep time. Conventional oven instructions included in the recipe card! Gluten-free
February is National Heart Month and it’s nice to know you can still eat the things you love without using a lot of oil. As a matter of fact, this recipe doesn’t use any oil! Your chicken wings need this Honey Teriyaki wing sauce!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a very small commission. Clicking on the link takes you straight to YOUR Amazon account.
Don’t they look delicious? Golden brown, baked Honey Garlic Chicken wings are just too good to pass up. Add them to your game day buffet or take them tail gating or camping.
The Honey Teriyaki sauce is made with:
- Teriyaki sauce
- orange juice
- fresh ginger and garlic
- corn starch
- red pepper flakes (optional of course)
The wings have crispy edges because they’re made with an air fryer which uses convection heat in a small space. This is what makes potatoes made in the air fryer so crispy!
I love using my air fryer. I warm up my kids’ waffles (4 or more at a time) in it in the morning so, I don’t just use it for potatoes and wings. Hence, I use it like a toaster oven too.
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
*Full printable recipe is in the recipe card below.
- First, thaw frozen chicken wings and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Next, bake the wings in a single layer in your air fryer for 20 minutes.
- Then, coat the wings with honey teriyaki wing sauce.
- Next, bake the coated wings in the air fryer for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve!
How to Make Honey Teriyaki Sauce for Wings
In a small sauce pan, on medium heat, add Teriyaki sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, orange juice, corn starch and red pepper flakes. Add as much red pepper flakes as you’d like. Cook for 10 min until bubbly. Remove from heat.
I like to garnish my wings with scallions. It adds a nice onion flavor to them. Air fryer wings taste so good you won’t even notice they’re not deep fried.
Drizzle that delicious honey teriyaki wing sauce on those baked wings!
This tasty chicken wing recipe is so easy to make without getting oil splattered all over your stove too! Easy clean up means more time to watch the big game!
As I mentioned, they are featured in Parade.com 34 Addictive Air Fryer Chicken Recipes to Make for good reason. wink! This recipe is on page 19.
So, get the ingredients and start making these delicious chicken wings!
You may also like:
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Grilled Asian Hoisin Beef Kabob Bites
Check out all of our appetizers and air fryer recipes!
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 3 lb frozen plain Perdue Chicken Wings
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic or 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 dashes of red pepper flakes optional
- 1 scallion chopped optional
- Ensure chicken wings are thawed and pat them dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Add cooking spray to air fryer oven trays or drawer. Add chicken wings in a single layer and sprinkle with additional garlic powder if desired. You may need to do this in 2 or three batches depending how big is your air fryer. Bake on 400F for 20 min each batch. Remove from oven. Meanwhile, make the Honey Teriyaki Sauce.
Honey Teriyaki Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, on medium heat, add Teriyaki sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, orange juice, corn starch and red pepper flakes. Cook for 10 min until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Add Honey Teriyaki sauce to the top of the chicken wings and put back in the oven for another 5-8 minutes each batch. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Garnish with chopped scallions.
Conventional oven instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Add chicken wings to cookie sheet in a single layer and sprinkle them with some additional garlic powder. Bake in 400F degree oven for 15 min. Remove from oven and drain excess water.
- Add Honey Teriyaki sauce to the top of the chicken wings and put back in the oven for another 35-40 min. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 min before serving. Garnish with chopped scallions.
Joanne Schweitzer says
Thanks for the 5 star rating Aeil! Thanks for leaving your feedback and I’m glad you’re so happy with the recipes.
These are like all your recipes
Easy fast delicious awesome
Friends are jealous of me lol
No one understands on a roll
Who knows what your going’s
On they come surprised no
Food left over no Togo boxes
Your Italian recipes are ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Thanks for excellent recipes all the time
You do reply to questions if I ask
Thanks again for your sharing and
Joanne Schweitzer says
Thanks Ronit. And just int time for the Super Bowl!
Finger licking deliciousness! 🙂