Did I get you at bacon blue cheese? Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs are a twist on traditional deviled eggs with three flavors that taste great together- blue cheese, bacon and boiled eggs! Gluten-free and low-carb!
There’s something about Deviled Eggs that I just can’t resist! I’m so enamored with deviled eggs that I also have a Deviled Egg Potato Salad and Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad recipes too!
So, adding blue cheese and bacon to deviled eggs can only enhance the flavor right? YES! Oh, they’re so good! Don’t they look yummy?
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means, if you make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission but, the price you pay is the same.
If you have smoked paprika, use it for this recipe. It gives it a nice little smoky flavor. You can also use it in macaroni and potato salad too. Also, you’ll use ground mustard for this recipe. I use ground mustard for my oh so delicious meatloaf.
Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
I suggest making these eggs and serving them the same day because the blue cheese flavor tends to fade in subsequent days. This recipe is very easy to make and not very time consuming. They’re great to take to potlucks and are perfect for brunch.
It’s a great way to use up hard boiled eggs from Easter. Use your favorite mayonnaise. I use Hellmann’s Light because I like to save calories where I can.
What is the best way to mash yolks for deviled eggs?
Use a fork to mash cooked egg yolks. You may also use a pastry knife if you have one.
What is the best way to fill deviled eggs?
Fill a quart sized plastic bag with the egg filling and cut the tip. It’ll act as a pastry bag to fill the eggs.
Alternatively, you can use a tablespoon from your kitchen drawer to fill the eggs although it can be a bit messy. If using this method, you may want to refrigerate the filling for 30 minutes so it’s more thick.
These easy-to-make Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs are a tasty alternative to regular deviled eggs and perfect for lovers of blue cheese. They’re a great low-carb appetizer.
You may also like:
Southern Deviled Eggs with Relish
Easy Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
I took this recipe to Weekend Potluck.
Bacon Blue Cheese Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika or regular paprika
- 3 strips bacon
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley flakes (for garnish) optional
- First, boil eggs for 10 minutes.
- Next, microwave bacon for about 2 minutes or until crispy. Pat with a paper towel and crumble. Reserve twelve small pieces for garnish.
- Then, when eggs are hard boiled, peel them and cool them with cold water.
- Next, cut eggs lengthwise in half and put egg yolks in a bowl and whites on a plate.
- Then, mash down the cooked egg yolks with a fork. Add mayo, blue cheese, ground mustard, paprika, crumbled bacon. and stir until smooth.
- Next, using a spoon, fill the top of the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture. Add bacon pieces for garnish. Sprinkle with additional paprika and parsley flakes, if desired.